Steve Hoffman Forum -- HACKED!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredblue

Surroundophile Extraordinaire
QQ Supporter
it looks like SHTV has been hacked...!!! 😱

4A5B6C02-8380-400F-9E4C-99E9C6AB51DF.jpeg

fwiw i kept the auto-generated pw SH gave when i first signed up.. but for any QQ-ers who use the same login "here & there" maybe best to change it, just in case?

(those evil hackers will never guess my cunning QQ pw; "Password1234".. i'm a lumberjack and i'm ok) 👀
Er what, works for me, you on the right URL-
(but then I’m not a member... sooo?)
https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/forums/music-corner.2/

Yikes! Scary shit. I used to worry about something like that happening to this place when it was my problem. Heck, I still worry about it. You never know when someone will get pissed off about something that happens in the forum, might not even have to do with the forum, could be between two members, or some indirect crap, and the next thing you know - this happens.

Sucks big time.

I can't access the SH forum - it asks me to log in and then rejects my credentials. There currently does not seem to be any way to reset or re-register. I guess I'll need to wait and see.

I guess the site wasn't hacked but one of the moderator accounts was.
Good morning. My site http://www.stevehoffman.tv was NOT hacked. One of our moderators’ accounts was. I sent NO email out. So just sit tight. Our chief Gort is working on it.

I have real cognitive dissonance over the way Hoffman tries to claim that the site that bears his name doesn't belong to him, and that he's just a user and not a moderator (see above, I'm not sure why he's saying a "moderator account" was hacked, when it was clearly his account.

If I were more cynical, I'd think that it was some kind of tax dodge, especially given how he's incessantly bragging about all of his material posessions, from his watch collection to the dozens of guitars he's sold, to his multi-million dollar home and his famous Hollywood neighbors, which always seemed at odds with the yearly pledge drives he spearheads to find 5000 bucks in hosting costs for the site that isn't his site.

I have real cognitive dissonance over the way Hoffman tries to claim that the site that bears his name doesn't belong to him, and that he's just a user and not a moderator (see above, I'm not sure why he's saying a "moderator account" was hacked, when it was clearly his account.

If I were more cynical, I'd think that it was some kind of tax dodge, especially given how he's incessantly bragging about all of his material posessions, from his watch collection to the dozens of guitars he's sold, to his multi-million dollar home and his famous Hollywood neighbors, which always seemed at odds with the yearly pledge drives he spearheads to find 5000 bucks in hosting costs for the site that isn't his site.
Yes but in the quote you posted he refers to it as "my site." Seems pretty clear cut to me. In olden days whois.net actually gave you usefull info about stuff like that.

You don't sound cynical at all....:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back