Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle - 30th Anniversary Edition CD/DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mongojr

I was lucky to find the 30th Anniversary of Fly Like an Eagle release. It has the album on CD and DVD with an excellent 5.1 mix plus a bonus live concert!!!
2020-06-07 11.13.18.jpg2020-06-07 11.13.43.jpg2020-06-07 11.15.09.jpg

I was at that live show around fourth row. One can clearly see my face on the DVD with an expression of disappointment during "Fly Like an Eagle" in the middle of the song when the keyboard player goes into a rap. It kinda spoils the flow of the song for me.

I like the new mix, what set me off was some of the new edits. You're singing along with a song you've known for 30+ years and all of a sudden it changes....
Was not expecting that.

We were also supposed to get "Book of Dreams" and "The Joker" but that never materialized. :(

I have the WEIRDEST issue with this disc.

I bought a copy a few years ago, and I'm CERTAIN it played fine the first couple of times I played it. I set it aside for a couple of years and when I go to play it again, the volume goes up and down throughout the disc as if there is some sort of weird compression setting kicking in. I check every setting on both my AVR and the BD player. Everything seems fine and changing any settings that I think might even remotely affect anything changes nothing. This is the ONLY disc this happens with.

So I try it on a different disc player. Same thing.

So I download a copy of the album from one of 'those' websites (hey...I bought it once already I figure...) and..... SAME THING

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? With ANY album or disc?

Since it's a DD video title, there may be DRC settings going in and out. I have ripped mine it to flac so there's no possibility of screwup.

Back