Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK- not seeing the doc I wouldn't have noticed that; thanks for the clarification. It seems to me that Tony and Phil have really devalued the early years of the band- which many of us feel are their best. Perhaps a reaction to many fans feeling that once PG (or SH) left, the band sold out, or wasn;t really Genesis anymore or fiil-in-the-blank w/ whatever derogatory comment.

I think there is so much cry for SW to remix Genesis in surround b/c so many are dissatisfied w/ the results of that 1st attempt. Personally, I love those 5.1 mixes, even if they're not perfect. But I only have through W&W, as my dissatisfaction w/ ATTWT led me to get off the bus then- and from what I've read, the later mixes suffered more. Though plenty of people still seem to dislike all the re-mixes.

We need you to quote some current SW tweets/facebook posts to get us firmly back on topic RT!

Tony and Phil devalue the early stuff? Yes and no. From the new doc, all members seem to still love tracks like "The Musical Box" and "Supper's Ready". "The Lamb" is where the divide begins to happen. Peter and Phil love it musically (even though Phil hated the costumes) while Tony really dislikes it. Mike & Steve are probably in the middle.

Hopefully SW has more news for us soon, either on his pages or here directly! :)

I'd love to see SW do the deluxe re-mix concept on all Yes' albums through BG- even farther. I don't see that happening though. I could see him completing through maybe GftO and then, if successful enough in the series, someone else doing more. Maybe if they asked him, RT would be willing? ;)

Do they even need to ask? ;)

Do they even need to ask? ;)

Speaking only for myself:

Drama + Fly From Here packaged together with surround mixes.

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe remixed in surround, & replace Teakbois with Vultures in the City.

Keystudios in surround anyone?

Olias of Sunhillow in surround!!!!!!! How amazing would that be?

Has anyone done any of Wakeman's solo stuff yet? He re-recorded a studio version of Journey to the Center of the Earth, and expanded it. Package that with Return to the Center of the Earth like he recently did, only with surround mixes.

Ok, I'll stop now...

My, we are particular aren't we? ;)

I love "Drama", but I'm really not a fan at all of "Fly From Here", except for a few songs.
Haven't really listened to the others yet, but there might not be as much of a demand for the early Wakeman solo albums in surround since those Quad DVDAs are out...

Speaking only for myself:

Drama + Fly From Here packaged together with surround mixes.

Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe remixed in surround, & replace Teakbois with Vultures in the City.

Keystudios in surround anyone?

Olias of Sunhillow in surround!!!!!!! How amazing would that be?

Has anyone done any of Wakeman's solo stuff yet? He re-recorded a studio version of Journey to the Center of the Earth, and expanded it. Package that with Return to the Center of the Earth like he recently did, only with surround mixes.

Ok, I'll stop now...

Always thought that Drama was EXTREMELY UNDERRATED, (just like Aerosmith's "Rock in a hard place")...
Drama ROCKS MORE THAN ANY OTHER Yes LP and it has a WONDERFUL PRODUCTION thanks to Eddy!!!
The material is SOLID and the performance is spot on...so what if Jon and Rick were gone???? Obviously, Trevor should have NEVER tried to step into Jon's shoes (his voice was GONE by the time the tour reached Europe)..but, alas...

I have to work late tonight, so I would love to view a recording of it afterwards for sure! Surely somebody can perform this duty. :)

It looks like you can replay it but not sure for how long or if every event is like that...Under recomended events it shows you can replay the "Big Smo"...

Reminder: Steven Wilson live at The Wiltern streaming on Yahoo Live tonight at 11PM Eastern Time (I'll be at the show, so I'll watch a replay tomorrow!)

It looks like you can replay it but not sure for how long or if every event is like that...Under recomended events it shows you can replay the "Big Smo"...

I believe you can replay for about 24 hours or until the next show.

Only 24 hours and it's pure streaming (so you have to wait until the show ends and begins again to watch it from the start). Add that to my crappy laptop adding some delay between the sound and image.. Definitely will have to wait and see if somebody recorded it :(

Don't think this has been brought up yet, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
Last year we had a record-breaking number of stereo/surround remixes from Steven Wilson released.
(7 with 2 from Yes, 2 from Jethro Tull, and 1 each from Gentle Giant, XTC & Tears for Fears)

This year, we could be on track to get even more!
Here's the breakdown thus far:

1) Simple Minds - "Sparkle in the Rain"
2) Jethro Tull - "Minstrel in the Gallery"
3) Steve Hackett - "Please Don't Touch"
4) Steve Hackett - "Spectral Mornings"
5) King Crimson - "Beat"
6) XTC - "Oranges & Lemons"
7) Yes - "Fragile" or "Tales from Topographic Oceans" (*not confirmed*)
8) Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love"
9) Roxy Music - "Roxy Music"

Maybe also "Three of a Perfect Pair" too if we're lucky, but probably not as likely with the THRAKBOX also being released too.

Now keep both of these side notes in mind.
Releases get delayed, so it's possible that any of these unreleased remixes could be delayed until 2016 or after that. We definitely saw that happen with "Beat" last year, but at the same time, other things could crop up that we had no idea about beforehand. A perfect example last year was "Songs from the Big Chair" which didn't get announced for release until September.

As always, Hope Springs Eternal! :)

I have heard they are having trouble finding the videos they wanted to include on Oranges & Lemons... which could possibly delay the release... Have you heard anything about it?

I have heard they are having trouble finding the videos they wanted to include on Oranges & Lemons... which could possibly delay the release... Have you heard anything about it?

Andy tweeted yesterday that Oranges & Lemons is beginning the authoring process now. So I assume that means that everything they intend to include has been located.

Don't think this has been brought up yet, but it's definitely worth mentioning.
Last year we had a record-breaking number of stereo/surround remixes from Steven Wilson released.
(7 with 2 from Yes, 2 from Jethro Tull, and 1 each from Gentle Giant, XTC & Tears for Fears)

This year, we could be on track to get even more!
Here's the breakdown thus far:

1) Simple Minds - "Sparkle in the Rain"
2) Jethro Tull - "Minstrel in the Gallery"
3) Steve Hackett - "Please Don't Touch"
4) Steve Hackett - "Spectral Mornings"
5) King Crimson - "Beat"
6) XTC - "Oranges & Lemons"
7) Yes - "Fragile" or "Tales from Topographic Oceans" (*not confirmed*)
8) Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love"
9) Roxy Music - "Roxy Music"

Maybe also "Three of a Perfect Pair" too if we're lucky, but probably not as likely with the THRAKBOX also being released too.

Now keep both of these side notes in mind.
Releases get delayed, so it's possible that any of these unreleased remixes could be delayed until 2016 or after that. We definitely saw that happen with "Beat" last year, but at the same time, other things could crop up that we had no idea about beforehand. A perfect example last year was "Songs from the Big Chair" which didn't get announced for release until September.

As always, Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Two or three others may make it out this year too.. a bumper year for sure.

Two or three others (in addition to this list).......I'm intrigued :mad:@:

As for the Steve Hackett ones, do the 2 SW upmixes (Acolyte and Defector) count as well do you think? That would increase the known list up to 11 :)

Oh Adam, you tease too much!
Well I'm not even going to try to guess unannounced artists without hints as that's like throwing a dart into the Atlantic Ocean…
However, if there's more from announced artists, I think the biggest likelihood for more falls on Roxy Music. Maybe a release of "For Your Pleasure" to complement the first album. It's been hinted before I know…
Besides that, I have nothing else to speculate at this time. :)

Back