Steven Wilson Steven Wilson 2.0/5.1/Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're quite welcome! I love all three of those ELP albums and their respective 5.1 mixes by Steven Wilson (for the first two) and Jakko (for "Trilogy"), so I hope you will enjoy them too! (and especially at those prices, they are definitely worth it!) :)

Pretty sure I can't go wrong with the SW mixes!
Those albums have been favorites of mine for a long long time. Not sure how I waited this long to grab these remixes.
They were winding down with Trilogy but I still really liked about half of it. Should be interesting to hear none the less. Hoping the Jakko mixes live up to the positive reviews!
Really got my fingers crossed for the Thrak album too. SO much potential for awesomeness there.

Crimson played in Madison 4 blocks from my house that last tour.
Wish I would have had even the slightest interest in seeing them. KC playing a greatest hits tribute show... Just wrong. And with that "singer". They were always my absolute favorite band in the world to see before that happened.

It was a very enjoyable show. But I come from the perspective of zero history with or nostalgia for the band.
Got in to them only the last couple of years. I loved all three drummers playing at once!

http://razorandtie.merchnow.com/

What I meant to say was I liked seeing them when they were hungry for improvising and new material and shunned whatever they were doing last time. The ticket price made it more than a casual event as I recall and I believe I treated my self to their Red box set instead (or was it the Starless box?).

I'm only seeing S/T & Trilogy for $17 and no deluxe for Tarkus at that site.

I'm only seeing S/T & Trilogy for $17 and no deluxe for Tarkus at that site.

Sorry edisonbaggins, it all changed overnight!

Truth be told, when I clicked the purchase link after posting last night, Tarkus came up as sold out. I found a sale on Ebay for a friendly $55 and jumped on it. More or less broke even as though I bought all 3 for full price with the R&T discount for the other 2. Other online prices for Tarkus are NOT friendly!

Grab these things when you can and don't be a screw-up like me!

So... now this "Razor & Tie" outfit sends me an email 2 weeks later. "Sorry, the 1st s/t ELP disc we sold you has now sold out. We'll refund you."

So, basically I got lured in with a great price offer and it turned out to be bs! And now going for that $5 savings has turned into - if I want the disc, I have to pay $100 or more on the used market.

I really didn't think I was being overly greedy... responding to an ad and all...

Watch out for bogus on-line shops folks! When it sounds too good to be true... it probably is!

Kicking myself for not paying attention to these releases coming out! Looks like I'm pretty out of luck with this one now. :(

Since this thread has been bumped up, and since I now own and have listened to all of the (lossless) Steven Wilson remixes that will be released this year, I can rank them in this order:

1) XTC - "Skylarking" (Blu-Ray)
2) Yes - "Tales from Topographic Oceans" (Blu-Ray/DVDA-V)
3) King Crimson - "Beat" & "Three of a Perfect Pair" (TIE) (DVDA-V/Blu-Ray)

:)

Taken from another thread, are the Steve Wilson and Elliot Scheiner Porcupine Tree 5.1 mixes currently available? Looking to dip my toe into PT and Mr Wilson solo

“Elliot Scheiner created 5.1 remixes of the Porcupine Tree albums In Absentia and Deadwing, in 2004 and 2005 respectively.”

Taken from another thread, are the Steve Wilson and Elliot Scheiner Porcupine Tree 5.1 mixes currently available? Looking to dip my toe into PT and Mr Wilson solo

“Elliot Scheiner created 5.1 remixes of the Porcupine Tree albums In Absentia and Deadwing, in 2004 and 2005 respectively.”

Honestly, both of these albums have subpar mixes in my opinion, both in stereo and 5.1. The mix is just really loud, poor dynamic range. The music is excellent however. You'd do fine just to get the stereo mixes. As has been mentioned, In Absentia will be re-released sometime this year so hopefully there will be an improved mix. Also, I could never actually get the DVD-A content off of Deadwing. I think someone goofed as the AUDIO_TS folder was empty on both copies that I have.

I do like the mixes on the Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun albums however. Possibly because he did those mixes (as far as I know). As for his solo work, all of it is pretty great with great mixes.

Honestly, both of these albums have subpar mixes in my opinion, both in stereo and 5.1. The mix is just really loud, poor dynamic range. The music is excellent however. You'd do fine just to get the stereo mixes. As has been mentioned, In Absentia will be re-released sometime this year so hopefully there will be an improved mix. Also, I could never actually get the DVD-A content off of Deadwing. I think someone goofed as the AUDIO_TS folder was empty on both copies that I have.

I do like the mixes on the Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun albums however. Possibly because he did those mixes (as far as I know). As for his solo work, all of it is pretty great with great mixes.
Mixes are really good, mastering can be improved, I think that's the consensus about these records

I have both mixes of In Absentia, and while I like both, I prefer Wilson's overall. I never tracked down Scheiner's mix of Deadwing, contenting myself just with Wilson's. Maybe I should seek it out. :unsure: It would be really cool to hear the full, two-disc release of Signify in 5.1 ... oh well, I guess we can't have everything.

Back