Steven Wilson Steven Wilson - Drive Home EP : CD/5.1 Blu-Ray and CD/5.1 DVD versions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
This has just appeared in an e-mail from Burning Shed.

We have the CD/Blu-Ray and CD/DVD versions of Drive Home, both of which feature unreleased tracks, videos, live recordings, and high-definition audio.

The visual component of the EP features a new video for lead track Drive Home, along with the video for The Raven That Refused To Sing, and four tracks recorded live in Frankfurt during the recent tour.

Additionally, the Blu-Ray and DVD feature high resolution audio recordings of two previously unreleased tracks, The Birthday Party and an orchestral version of The Raven That Refused To Sing. The Birthday Party was recorded in LA at the same sessions as the tracks that made up the album while the version of The Raven That Refused To Sing is a new mix that strips the track back to just the orchestra and vocals.

These tracks are also featured on the CD, along with the audio from the live tracks and an edit of Drive Home.

All the songs on the Blu-Ray and DVD are mixed in both stereo and 5.1 sound, including the two audio only titles. The audio on the Blu-Ray is full lossless 96/24 throughout.

The Blu-Ray and DVD discs are region free NTSC and will play worldwide.

Pre-order now for 21st October release.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/

CD/Blu-ray & CD/DVD both £9.99

So I presume/understand the DVD is not DVD-Audio?

It does look like the DVD is not lossless for the two audio only tracks, unlike the Blu-ray.

CD/DVD

The DVD is region free NTSC and is mixed in both stereo and 5.1 sound, including the two audio only titles.

Disc 1 - DVD (Region 0, NTSC):

1 Drive Home (Video) 08:20
2 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Video) 07:49
3 The Holy Drinker (Live In Frankfurt Video) 10:25
4 Insurgentes (Live In Frankfurt Video) 04:30
5 The Watchmaker (Live In Frankfurt Video) 11:52
6 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Live In Frankfurt Video) 08:12
7 The Birthday Party 03:46
8 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Orchestral Version) 07:29

Disc 2 - CD:

1 Drive Home (Edit) 04:08
2 The Birthday Party 03:46
3 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Orchestral Version) 07:29
4 The Holy Drinker (Live In Frankfurt) 10:25
5 Insurgentes (Live In Frankfurt) 04:30
6 The Watchmaker (Live In Frankfurt) 11:52
7 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Live In Frankfurt) 08:12

CD/Blu-ray

Additionally, the Blu-ray features high resolution (96/24 stereo and 5.1 surround) audio recordings of two previously unreleased tracks, The Birthday Party and an orchestral version of The Raven That Refused To Sing. The Birthday Party was recorded in LA at the same sessions as the tracks that made up the album while the version of The Raven That Refused To Sing is a new mix that strips the track back to just the orchestra and vocals.

Disc 1 - Blu-Ray (Region 0, NTSC):

1 Drive Home (Video) 08:20
2 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Video) 07:49
3 The Holy Drinker (Live In Frankfurt Video) 10:25
4 Insurgentes (Live In Frankfurt Video) 04:30
5 The Watchmaker (Live In Frankfurt Video) 11:52
6 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Live In Frankfurt Video) 08:12
7 The Birthday Party 03:46
8 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Orchestral Version) 07:29

Disc 2 - CD:

1 Drive Home (Edit) 04:08
2 The Birthday Party 03:46
3 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Orchestral Version) 07:29
4 The Holy Drinker (Live In Frankfurt) 10:25
5 Insurgentes (Live In Frankfurt) 04:30
6 The Watchmaker (Live In Frankfurt) 11:52
7 The Raven That Refused To Sing (Live In Frankfurt) 08:12

Jon, it's a shame that Steven Wilson does not put out Dvd Audio's any more as now having it in the car I really look forward to more Dvd Audios.
In defence of Steven Wilson on his latest offering i got a reply from Burning Shed that due to how much stuff they are cramming into this release they can not fit Dvd Audio onto it as well.
Bluray it is then for this one.

My BluRay edition of this "single" turned up today and I'm giving it a first spin now.

All I can say is Wow! What a superb disc!

Anyone wondering if it's worth it if they already have "The Raven..." imho absolutely yes! Besides hi-def videos of Drive Home and The Raven (with hi res DTS-HD Master 5.1 mixes) there's an orchestral version of The Raven, an unreleased track "The Birthday Party" and four live tracks (Holy Drinker, Insurgentes, Watchmaker and The Raven) recorded in Frankfurt which, imho, are even better than "Get All You Deserve" in both video and audio quality.

All in stunning 5.1 DTS_HD Master. As if that's not enough the BluRay package also includes a CD with it all on too!

Without wishing to sound like a fanboy, SW just keeps raising the bar.

My BluRay edition of this "single" turned up today and I'm giving it a first spin now.

All I can say is Wow! What a superb disc!

Anyone wondering if it's worth it if they already have "The Raven..." imho absolutely yes! Besides hi-def videos of Drive Home and The Raven (with hi res DTS-HD Master 5.1 mixes) there's an orchestral version of The Raven, an unreleased track "The Birthday Party" and four live tracks (Holy Drinker, Insurgentes, Watchmaker and The Raven) recorded in Frankfurt which, imho, are even better than "Get All You Deserve" in both video and audio quality.

All in stunning 5.1 DTS_HD Master. As if that's not enough the BluRay package also includes a CD with it all on too!

Without wishing to sound like a fanboy, SW just keeps raising the bar.

Agreed! This was waiting for me when I got home from London yesterday after seeing SW and Peter Gabriel on consecutive nights. It is, as you say, stunning and a bargain for a tenner. I'd have paid that for the two promos alone! I'm hoping that the live footage forms part of an entire recording that will be released at a later date. I wished they had filmed the Albert Hall gig. That was mind-blowing :)

I was thinking exactly the same about the live recording, but even if it isn't that gig I'm completely sure he'll release a BD of this tour at some stage - the performances are just too good not too.

I was at the SW Albert Hall gig too btw - absolutely stunning performance and I think I now appreciate much more what he's doing: I know the move away from PT has been very contentious and a real wrench for some fans, but the standard of musicianship in the new band is, imho, a notch or two higher (I realise I may get flamed for that, but believe me - I love PT. Just facing facts.) It's like some of the prog greats in their halcyon days or maybe closer to Fripp/KC. The "jazz" also made more sense to me and I now see it as being more like Hawkwind than "jazz club" ;)

I was thinking exactly the same about the live recording, but even if it isn't that gig I'm completely sure he'll release a BD of this tour at some stage - the performances are just too good not too.

Agreed :)

I was at the SW Albert Hall gig too btw - absolutely stunning performance and I think I now appreciate much more what he's doing: I know the move away from PT has been very contentious and a real wrench for some fans, but the standard of musicianship in the new band is, imho, a notch or two higher (I realise I may get flamed for that, but believe me - I love PT. Just facing facts.) It's like some of the prog greats in their halcyon days or maybe closer to Fripp/KC. The "jazz" also made more sense to me and I now see it as being more like Hawkwind than "jazz club" ;)

I'm a latecomer to all things SW so I don't have the attachment to any particular element of his career (yet!) but I like to see it all as just Steven Wilson, whether it's his solo stuff, PT, No Man or whatever. It's all really just him exploring his musicality and I, for one, am enjoying the ride :)

I'm really looking forward to this disc!

I saw his Raven Tour here in Melbourne a couple weeks back. Gee, seeing those photos of his Royal Albert Hall concert made me realise how lucky I was to see him here. He played a really small venue that holds about 1000 only (Standing room, no seating) and everyone very close. They were playing here for the fans. Don't think they made any money from this tour down under.

Thank you Steven!

Seems like not too many people listened to the interview posted in another thread, but one question was: if you could choose any musicians, living or dead, to play live w/, who would you choose? He answered that he would choose the band he's w/ now.

I'm really looking forward to this disc!

I saw his Raven Tour here in Melbourne a couple weeks back. Gee, seeing those photos of his Royal Albert Hall concert made me realise how lucky I was to see him here. He played a really small venue that holds about 1000 only (Standing room, no seating) and everyone very close. They were playing here for the fans. Don't think they made any money from this tour down under.

Thank you Steven!
I get the impression he doesn't do it for the money.

I get the impression he doesn't do it for the money.

I agree- he seems very uninterested in the rich, famous rock star mold. He says in the interview posted in another thread that the main reason he tours is for the travel. He also talks about the motivation for fame and celebrity being one of the downfalls of modern music and the 60's/70's being the golden age of music.

:51banana:
My copy of Drive Home - Blu Ray arrived ALSO today. :banana:
Just need to finalize my work today......in the evening I will give it a first listen after listened to Tull's Benefit.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::woopie:wave

Got this on order just waiting for it to arrive along with Arriving somewhere dvd relayer and war child. Should be a good week.

Back