Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, but yesterday I added a new CD, so I figure I'm up to maybe 60.4gb now. I'm catching up! And just wait until I eventually get "Insurgentes"!!! ;)

I already have the limited edition Insurgentes, so you're right about that album helping you catch up. Unfortunately I tihnk we are both heading towards needing a bigger player (mine in 80GB)! I am hoping that by the time I need a bigger one they will have invented a way of having massive amounts of space on a player that would allow me to upgrade my mp3 library to a lossless format... but maybe I'm dreaming ;)

Still waiting for Amazon to ship mine. Pay more, wait longer. It's the new America. I actually found the DVD-A on the internet some time ago, but without the nice little plastic box with pictures it has just not made it into my player.

Fucking hell! Abandoner made me regret using metal studs for the music room rather than wood. The room was shaking!

Played half of it, really enjoying it. As always the EQ is perfect. No harshness. Nice packaging too.

I'm becoming a real Lasse Hoile fan too. He might be the modern day Salvadore Dali.

Nice job Steven, Neil and the rest.

That track is a good test; very very powerful but cleanly so and natural all the way. Steven is quite the mixer indeed.

My office is carpet over concrete. It takes 4 subs to excite concrete! :smokin:

I preordered the CD/DVDA from the Burning Bush web site on Dec 6. I still haven't received it. Also, I paid 16 GBP ($22-23 US). It is now "in stock" on Amazon.com for $14. :( Lesson learned.

That track is a good test; very very powerful but cleanly so and natural all the way. Steven is quite the mixer indeed.

My office is carpet over concrete. It takes 4 subs to excite concrete! :smokin:

My music room is also carpet over concrete. It's the walls that shake.

I would agree that it is mostly the walls that become loaded with this energy.

One pair of subs (Master/slave config) is below the center speaker up front about a foot away from front wall and the other pair is hidden underneath an L-shaped wooden desk in the middle sweetspot. When the energy really gets going, this desk will also resonate nicely and psychologically speaking that's as good (if not better) as the floor moving in sympathy.

Also a good setup to play Brain Salad Surgery. :)

I preordered the CD/DVDA from the Burning Bush web site on Dec 6. I still haven't received it. Also, I paid 16 GBP ($22-23 US). It is now "in stock" on Amazon.com for $14. :( Lesson learned.

I also pre-ordered from Burning Shed, and have yet to hear of it shipping. Next time I will just order it from Amazon for nearly half the price and get it sooner.

I also pre-ordered from Burning Shed, and have yet to hear of it shipping. Next time I will just order it from Amazon for nearly half the price and get it sooner.

I contacted them about this - here is their response...

Thanks for your query.

As stated on the site when you purchased, this is due to be sent out in late February (sometime this week, we believe).

The official retail release has been pushed back to March 9th.

I responded back to them that "Insurgentes" was currrently available and "on sale" for $14.99 at Virgin Megastore in NYC - no word back yet but I'm not feeling the love...

It's amazing that Amazon has this for $13.99. A great deal.

I bought "Insurgentes" at Best Buy this afternoon for $14.99 US. It's a 2-disc CD+DVDA. I was a little surprised to find it there.

Gave it a partial spin earlier today and I liked it well enough, even though SW/PT isn't always my favorite style of music; the first track was awesome! Anyway... Seemed like the surround mix is pretty good, though I worry my right ear is still a bit messed up. What I'm about to say applies to everything lately, not just "Insurgentes", but it seems that I'm hearing lots of more 'air' with my left ear than I do with my right. That said, if I think it still sounded pretty good with one messed up ear, I can only imagine how good it might sound with two good ears.

I contacted them about this - here is their response...

Thanks for your query.

As stated on the site when you purchased, this is due to be sent out in late February (sometime this week, we believe).

The official retail release has been pushed back to March 9th.

I responded back to them that "Insurgentes" was currrently available and "on sale" for $14.99 at Virgin Megastore in NYC - no word back yet but I'm not feeling the love...

Is there any way to cancel the order from Burning Shed for a refund since it has yet to ship?

Just ordered my copy from Amazon.com for $14 plus $3 shipping.

I want to thank all those involved with making this high quality, high resolution, multichannel, affordable music available to our community.

Thanks,
George

Last edited:
I picked up a copy at Newbury Comics today for $12.88.

2 CD's and a 24 page booklet. I'm looking forward to it this weekend. :D

Woo Hoo, in my hands. Very nice package, a steal for $12.99! (Even if our friends to the North get it cheaper)

Back