Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Anyone notice the change on the front page at Steven Wilson HQ yesterday?

No details yet and maybe I am being optimistic in putting it here instead of "rumours" but given his track record it seemed like a fairly safe bet?

SW_Insurgentes3.jpg

Most likely the "uncommercial" solo album he is working on this year. Expect very diverse material.

It is indeed the forthcoming Solo album.
Look out for some deluxe editions too.......
We'll be going into production on it very soon now.

Once again, thank God for Steve Wilson (and company) for giving us all something to look forward to!:smokin

At last , something to look forward to ! :D I remember reading on the PT Forum that this was to be a 'double-album' (!) so hopefully Neil can expand on the ' Deluxe' editions comment as soon as possible ;)

~M~

There's a short trailer up on his myspace page now: http://www.myspace.com/therealstevenwilson - indicates a November 2008 release.

edit - to clarify, this is what it says on his website:

"Insurgentes" is due for release in November as a download and special deluxe multi disc mail order version, with retail release to follow in early 2009.

Last edited:
^^ I know, I thought it sounded superb...gonna be a long 4 months wait for this.

There's a little more info on his web site again:
Headphone Dust are receiving many questions regarding the forthcoming SW solo album "Insurgentes" and whether it's possible to pre-order it. Please note that the special multi disk edition and download versions of the album will only be available from November, and then only from a central website specifically set up for the purpose. The multi disk mail-order version will be limited, but not so limited that there won't be plenty of time for everyone who would like a copy to order one. Once the new website is set up we will start to reveal a bit more about the contents of the special edition, and perhaps make available some preview material in addition to the current Insurgentes Trailer.

And he talks about it in a bit more detail in this no-man interview (really nice interview - really recommend reading it all): http://www.innerviews.org/inner/noman2.html

It’s different from anything I’ve ever done before, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered. It’s song-based, but it’s the most experimental song-based music I’ve made. Everyone assumes that when I’m doing a solo album it’s going to be metal-oriented, but it isn’t. There’s no metal in it at all. I know I’ve spoken about making a metal album in the past, but it’s anything but that. It has everything from noise to drone stuff on it. It has a song I recorded live in a church in Mexico with just piano and voice that’s very simple. There are influences from post-punk shoe gazer music like Joy Division and The Cure. There are weird time signatures and orchestras playing bizarre, atonal, almost horror soundtrack stuff. It’s a real eclectic mess and it’s probably the kind of thing only I could ever like all the way through. [laughs] But you know what? If I’m going to do a solo album, I’m going to do it for myself. I should make the kind of record I myself would like to listen to, and I have. It sounds clichéd to say that, but it really is true. This album is going to sum up all of these different aspects of my musical personality.

The Insurgentes website (click) has been launched. Here we need to go to order the limited edition which contains the DVD-A.
I single out the information about the DVD-A
The special multi disk edition will be available as a 2 CD/1 DVDA version (limited to 3,000 copies) .. editions will only be available to order from this website. A standard retail CD version will be issued early in 2009.

CD1 features the album itself, while the second CD includes songs recorded during the sessions but not included on the main album. The DVDA contains a 5.1 surround sound mix of the album, high resolution 24 bit stereo, 18 minutes from the work in progress Lasse Hoile film "Insurgentes", and other video material.

Last edited:
This will probably cost a pretty penny because it looks like these all come with a hard cover book of photos.

Back