Steven Wilson - "Insurgentes"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Played this DVD-A all the way through in a Denon DVD-2910 without issue and it loaded and played a few songs, jumping around, fine in my Oppo BDP-83. I don't know if others are still having some issues with the disc in some players. I finally got around to ordering it from Amazon, glad it was available there.

Chris

Was lucky enough to secure a dinner package at the Cleveland HOB for the 9/21 show. If they're half as good as they sound on Arriving Somewhere, I'll be pretty happy. I would like to hear the new material first though. Maybe someone will record a show ;-)

To my surprise, I was able to purchase a mint condition (opened) copy of this album on eBay February 2021 for $35 shipped. I had missed the original printing in 2009 and forgotten this disc was ever released in surround. While it's a strong 8 (rounded up to 9/10 in my poll vote) and not as creative as many of his later surround mixes, there's a lot to like about the soundstage presented here. It's almost like a bonus SW release for me revisiting these songs again in surround.

No playback issues on my older Oppo.

Reactions: SHB
Back