Steven Wilson - Limited Edition Of One (Book)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alansanchez86

701 Club - QQ All-Star

Who's ordering what version?
The Artist Edition already sold out (limited to 125 copies).

Link to the regular one: Limited Edition of One: How to Succeed in the Music Industry Without Being Part of the Mainstream: Amazon.co.uk: Wilson, Steven, Wall, Mick: 9780349135090: Books
And link to the special edition: Limited Edition of One 75 quids...

Shipping costs from the UK to the US are somewhat through the roof...I may wait to see if there's a publisher from the Americas...
I'm interested in the special edition, interested on the 2nd book of photos.

Who's ordering what version?
The Artist Edition already sold out (limited to 125 copies).

Link to the regular one: Limited Edition of One: How to Succeed in the Music Industry Without Being Part of the Mainstream: Amazon.co.uk: Wilson, Steven, Wall, Mick: 9780349135090: Books
And link to the special edition: Limited Edition of One 75 quids...

Shipping costs from the UK to the US are somewhat through the roof...I may wait to see if there's a publisher from the Americas...
I'm interested in the special edition, interested on the 2nd book of photos.

Book is available for $36.99 at Amazon.com

75 sterling before shipping OMG!!! Hmmm need to think on that one…is that just for the deluxe ed with extra book or super deluxe? What’s in SDE? Only 125 of those….it’s ok that edition SOLD OUT @ 275 Sterling….too rich for my BLOOD!!!

Last edited:
Huh, I don't know much about this guy, but the book synopsis looks interesting.

I have a bunch of Porcupine Tree CD's I picked up at Goodwill. Haven't listened to them yet, but anyone who writes a song called "The Creator has a Master Tape" is cool in my books! :ROFLMAO:

A humorous nod to Pharoah Sanders

I have a bunch of Porcupine Tree CD's I picked up at Goodwill. Haven't listened to them yet, but anyone who writes a song called "The Creator has a Master Tape" is cool in my books! :ROFLMAO:

Just to be clear...you don't know much about Steven Wilson?

Seriously?! With his history of peeps here talking about his great multi-channel remixes of CLASSIC ROCK & PROG ROCK CLASSICS, as well as his own music, you still don’t know much about SW!!?? Time to do some major reading on many many threads here, that should keep you busy til the end of COVID, if not longer😁

Ordered the special edition within minutes of receiving the email from Burning Shed. It may be the most expensive book I have ever purchased.

At 275 quid, I am glad the Artists edition sold out before I heard about it, To me a lithograph and some hard written lyrics are not worth and extra $275. But it would have been a temptation.

Love him or hate him, he's an interesting guy. But I base that more on his song lyrics since other than his music I actually know little about him.
I have wondered if his observations on childhood are just that, or more from personal experience. Then you have lyrics , like having a heart attack in a rest stop, that have much more reach than all the teenage-angst stuff. Consider "The Creator Has a Master Tape" as @Electric Moo referenced, which to me is just a fun kind of song. "My Ashes" is a chilling mix with references to an unhappy childhood yet with deeper connotations that make me appreciate his song writing ability all the more.
But what do I know....? I've speculated privately on song lyrics before only to find they were no deeper than scribbling on a napkin for 5 minutes while fighting boredom in a bar.

Haha, I guess that was sort of a rambling post. I mean, I see his name everywhere re: surround mixing, and the pic in the studio thread, but am not familiar with his music/career.

Not sure where those cd's are, but that song title caught my eye on the back of one.

Good excuse to get the book, I guess!

Haha, I guess that was sort of a rambling post. I mean, I see his name everywhere re: surround mixing, and the pic in the studio thread, but am not familiar with his music/career.

Not sure where those cd's are, but that song title caught my eye on the back of one.

Good excuse to get the book, I guess!
I know that you’re kidding but I would think that it would take a bigger/better excuse than that to spend 75 GBP on a book.

I would start with the much less expensive purchase of a Porcupine Tree surround album. “Lightbulb Sun” is my personal favorite, probably because it was the first PT album that I had ever heard/bought.

Back