Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know if in the future he would like to play live in Atmos or something similar..I know he did some shows in 5.1 in the past... and which venues does he think are best suited for that (cinemas?)

Thank you!

PS: it would be also cool to know why we can't have a digital download card for FLAC files anymore, when we buy his albums in Bluray format..

No-one really does that anymore. It's even dying out for vinyl. (Nonesuch used to do it but the new Sam Amidon doesn't).

Live Atmos - quite an idea! Some clubs have it fitted. Those mushrooms at the RAH need to become point 4!

Does he plans on releasing the first 2 Blackfield albums in 5.1 or even Atmos?

I know back when these were originally were done I believe it was mostly to do with Aviv Geffen not being into surround but then later on some Blackfield has come out in 5.1.
These would be so nice to have in 5.1

Maybe these could be released on bandcamp in 5.1 as SW has released some live stuff of Porcupine Tree on bandcamp. This would then not be a huge financial extra cost but of course SW time to do in surround.

Please do ask the question of Blackfield in 5.1

Is SW going to be continuing with Ultravox Rage in Eden for 40th year release this year?

Did the label or Cocteau Twins not respond to doing in 5.1?
I know SW said he is a fan of their music so would have hoped that he reached out to them.

Is SW going to be continuing with Ultravox Rage in Eden for 40th year release this year?

Did the label or Cocteau Twins not respond to doing in 5.1?
I know SW said he is a fan of their music so would have hoped that he reached out to them.
I'd love the Cocteau Twins "Treasure" in surround, along with everything by Talk Talk!

Mark Hollis (RIP) was on record opposing surround. I don't see Wilson doing those mixes, even if the opportunity arose.

It seems like a surround remix of The Colour of Spring was under serious consideration at one point--Wilson mentioned here that he managed to get a label interested in the project, but Mark Hollis "didn't want the record to be touched". I'm not sure if that meant he was opposed specifically to the surround aspect, or just the idea of remixing the album in general.
Mettler: He was fairly prevalent in those days, true. As I’ve mentioned to you before, I think The Colour of Spring still needs your surround touch.

Wilson: I wanted to do it, and I even got a record label interested, but Mark [Hollis, the founder/leader of Talk Talk] said he didn’t want the record touched. And I respect that. but it’s a record that would sound fantastic in 5.1. But he put the kibosh on that, unfortunately.

Mettler: He’s the creator and it’s his vision, so we have to respect that, I agree. But there are certainly plenty of others. Some of them you mentioned to me recently, but I’m not sure which ones we can talk about publicly at the moment.

Please kindly ask him about ELO. I know the chances are very low. Jeff Lynne is not a big fan of surround. Even the newest live albums are not in surround.

Back