Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now the Blu-ray, what I can say is that the difference in fidelity compared with Tidal is abismal, for those loving the album and having listened only in Tidal, my advice would be getting the standalone Blu-ray.
I'll try to check the bonus tracks during the weekend

Now the Blu-ray, what I can say is that the difference in fidelity compared with Tidal is abismal, for those loving the album and having listened only in Tidal, my advice would be getting the standalone Blu-ray.
I'll try to check the bonus tracks during the weekend

That's what I was hoping to read. Thanks for clearing that up.

I mean, you could tell the difference but it wasn't mind-blowing that is..just my opinion.
Atmos is not really meant to be a "mind-blowing" type of thing with music. Just a subtle enhancement that adds a valuable addition to the soundfield. Now with movies the effects can become much more dramatic with spacecraft flyovers and other such audio fun.

Atmos is not really meant to be a "mind-blowing" type of thing with music. Just a subtle enhancement that adds a valuable addition to the soundfield. Now with movies the effects can become much more dramatic with spacecraft flyovers and other such audio fun.
In some cases it subtle, like Inxs Kick, but try Steven Wilson The Future Bites and, holy moly!

I still can't believe what I'm going to say, but I'm enjoying a lot the cassette with the demos. Anyone but Me is a beautiful song that would have deserved to have made it to the album. It still pisses me off that all demos and bonus songs on cassette and CD are not in high-resolution in the bluray.

I still can't believe what I'm going to say, but I'm enjoying a lot the cassette with the demos. Anyone but Me is a beautiful song that would have deserved to have made it to the album. It still pisses me off that all demos and bonus songs on cassette and CD are not in high-resolution in the bluray.
Amen to that!

SW mentioned The Visitors album in his 1981 podcast. Has anyone listened to the song The Visitors (same album) after this release? Is there some influence here, or what?

But they will be. Oh yes, they will be. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of your life. And probably on some yet to be determined super, duper, swear on a pile of bibles this is definitive, straight up missus, not joking this time, poke me in the eye and call me Susan if I'm lying, limited, ultimate, hyper, platinum, double gold, remastered, ultra deluxe, superior high resolution version, fully remixed into whatever the then current iteration of Dolby Atmos is (Atmos Super? Atmos Ultra? Atmos double plus good? Atmos Plus Extra Brilliant? Atmos Beezer? Atmos II - This Time It's Personal?)

Last edited:
It would, of course, be much more "ironic" and in keeping with the concept of Wilson's new album, if he'd released these tracks on an iPod, given how much he despised these devices.

I think all that "remix" proves is that no amount of extraneous footering by anyone, regardless of how much ability or raw talent they have, is going to make that track tolerable.

Back