Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1584007661460.png

Ordered the Deluxe set, but I won't be going to any of the gigs as it means a 2 day trip to either of the closest ones. Personal Shopper is very 'commercial' almost 80s pop electronica IMHO, a la Depeche Mode, I like it, very catchy! I like the reference to Deluxe Box Sets in the lyrics :ROFLMAO:

I've followed PT / SW since I first saw PT live back in 1993, I usually buy the Deluxe books, go to the gigs etc, but I doubt I'll be buying this deluxe. First off, bonus points for not including vinyl in the box set, but you instantly lose those points for including a cassette with 'exclusive' content that I have to go out of my way to hear in poor quality. Simple question - Why??? If there was a different pressing of the Blu-ray in the box that included the 4 demos and the extra CD2 & CD3 content, then fine. It's really quite a large premium over the stand alone Blu-ray for five extra tracks on CD and four demos on cassette, feels like a bit of a rip off to me this time around. My gut feeling is to just get the stand alone Blu-ray...

The shipping puts me off too. Wasn't there eventually another option for USA buyers last time around? If now I know I'll eventually cave in a guy it though.

I'll skip the deluxe this time too, as I can get all I want in the standalone Blu-ray. The demo stuff in cassette is a bad joke.
Anyway, with the coronavirus situation we currently have in Madrid, my mind is not very focused on box sets right now, neither on the single (listened once and said nothing to me)

"Buy the shit you never knew you liked" complains Wilson on a track featured on an album released across a myriad of formats and limited edition box sets.

Lets hope that's irony, rather than a tin eared lack of self-awareness.

An anti-commercial song from an artist that wants to be more commercial than ever before.
Steven....this is not my direction...I will not buy the deluxe set...I even will not buy the Blu-Ray!
Schizo!

Song is catchy... But theirs Too many others too spend my ferns on

Like more oop discs n alll those DV sacds to buy...ive not even ordered Paul Revere n the Raiders or Earth Wind n Fire yet....
Sooo...sorry Mr Wilson
Hey what remixes are scheduled yet in 5.1??? :)

These are the performance credits from Youtube:

Credits:
Steven Wilson - synthesisers/samplers, acoustic and electric guitars, percussion, vocals
David Kosten - programming
Elton John - voice
Rotem Wilson - voice
Nick Beggs - bass guitar
Michael Spearman - drums
Wendy Harriott, Bobbie Gordon, Crystal Williams - vocals
Fyfe Dangerfield - vocals

Yes, Elton John!

Its going to take me a few listens, this song I think. One disappointment for me is that the album seems to be less than 40 minutes long.

First single here:

Thanks for posting that. I listened for about 6 minutes and I have to say it presses most of my "yuck" buttons: prominent synthesizers throughout, a spoken word passage, vague admonitions about materialism. Unless Steven is living some sort of ascetic lifestyle, he should find something else to complain about. Having said all of that, I do kind of like it (it's got an apocalyptic electronica vibe of the kind you might find at a bar where everyone is too depressed to dance) and it IS Steven Wilson so I will be buying the blu ray on the first day!

Back