Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard the track. It has all the "I seem to have heard this all before" sorta vibe. SW seems to be recycling ideas from either his previous endeavours or from stuff he's heard before. Sadly nothing new. Being a completist, I will be picking the Bluray up with the hope that there will be something fresh in there somewhat.
Being a real Sound Chaser, I can say that about virtually every new album I hear, it’s very hard to do new things in music but I have to say that Steven, without hiding behind the fact that he’s influenced by many artists, never tend to stay at the same place. Not the ”Same Asylum as Before” if you ask me :)

Regardless of what you think about "Personal Shopper" (I found it rather catchy), you have to admit there's a hell of a lot to work with surround-wise on that track. I can't wait to hear all those harmonies spread around the room and Elton's voiceover through the center channel :)
Totes. I can picture how it will sound.

Nice with some new music in the summer.Don't seem to be much else to do than ride my bike and listen to music this summer.Everything is closing down,no sports on the tel!y and all the pubs are closed. o_O But as long as I get my music in the post and they don't close the beer and booze shop,I'll be fine.:cool:As things go,I'm glad I'm retired.;)

well i'm rather enjoying this new song and can't wait to hear it in surround! 🤩

although i forwarded the YT to an Elton fan friend and he said it was "the biggest lot of shit i've heard in years".. so, yeah.. might split the crowd somewhat this one! 🙃😂 (i'm quite sure SW would be pleased about ruffling a few feathers with the track tbh!)

BD@ImportCDs: $16.59 (10 % off not factored in)
Hate to be like a broken record :unsure: ... but similar to what I said about the upcoming Alan Parsons; for a new Steven Wilson in surround, with this intro:
The album marks his most inventive and far-reaching musical construction to date, spanning soaring acoustics, lush electronica, relentless bass-driven grooves, murky funk, and so much more, all linked through powerfully focused songcraft.
All for about what you’d pay for a burger, fries and a Coke-What the hell are we here for?

Steven just posted this video asking people to continue to support independent record stores. There's one bit of this video that I know @fredblue will like! :)

ohh... he is "just" so gorgeous i want to devour him and ingest even "just" a micron of his talent.

ps. Blue Moves is my EJ masterpiece, i wrote a mini essay on it which is possibly still floating around the web.

Steven just posted this video asking people to continue to support independent record stores. There's one bit of this video that I know @fredblue will like! :)

one of these is the best sounding version of Blue Moves i've ever heard...

AB3F6EB2-CC6A-4460-AAEB-63827E592250.jpeg

edit: i "just" had to listen to it right now, in faux five point one, through the gift of the Surround Master... what an album.. 🙏

Last edited:
i "just" had to listen to it right now, in faux five point one, through the gift of the Surround Master... what an album

Thanks. Your post inspired me to do a quad Penteo upmix of Blue Moves, while I was at it I did Carabou and Westies to fill my EJ missing surround titles. These stereo mixes are all quite wide and are all worthwhile upmixes. My upmix philosophy: If it was released in the seventies it should be a Quad upmix.

Thanks. Your post inspired me to do a quad Penteo upmix of Blue Moves, while I was at it I did Carabou and Westies to fill my EJ missing surround titles. These stereo mixes are all quite wide and are all worthwhile upmixes. My upmix philosophy: If it was released in the seventies it should be a Quad upmix.

yeay! i'm 99% perspiration 😅 with that magic 1% inspiration! 💡
mercifully (since it feels highly unlikely we'll ever hear the remainder of Greg Penny's 5.1's) all those albums upmix really well.. that's a good philosophy! 🤓

Back