Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this one awhile ago, never seen one with the blue hype on the jacket before, really good sounding pressing too

Bluemoves.jpg

Plain text from the email:
Steven Wilson’s forthcoming sixth album has been postponed due to issues arising from the current Coronavirus situation. Originally due for release on 12th June 2020, The Future Bites will now be released on 29th January 2021.

“As with many of my albums, The Future Bites is not just about the music, it's a high concept project which involves design, artwork, video and a tour production, all on a grander scale than anything I've attempted before. However, due to the pandemic, there are unprecedented challenges, ranging from manufacturing issues (particularly in relation to the elaborate deluxe edition) and the uncertainty facing record stores as the coronavirus forces them to close their doors, to being unable to shoot most of the video material I planned. It's therefore with a very heavy heart that I reluctantly need to postpone the release of The Future Bites until such time everything can happen as intended. This will now be January next year, with new music and video starting to be issued again around October. In the meantime the pre-order page for the various editions of the album will remain online. Myself, management, agent and promoters are monitoring the situation regarding the live shows scheduled for this autumn. Should events change we will let everyone know as soon as we do.

“I understand that this may be disappointing news, and to no one more that myself, believe me. I worked on the music and background of this project for the last two years and was thrilled to finally be able to launch it. The response to the Personal Shopper track released last month has been phe-nomenal, and I was looking forward to unveiling more over the next few months in the build up to the release of the album. But alas due to the current circumstances it was not to be.

“I sincerely send everyone reading this a message of good health, and I hope that one day in the not too distant future we can once again focus on things like music, which even if it isn't strictly essential seems to somehow makes life more worthwhile. SW x”

Found this one awhile ago, never seen one with the blue hype on the jacket before, really good sounding pressing too

View attachment 48219

i don't recognise that iteration, with the "disques" sticker could be Canadian or French possibly?
i wonder if that was an original pressing of Blue Moves that Steven Wilson picked up in Revolution Records.. the earlier one has the blue/green Rocket label with "Thomas The Tank Engine" style graphics, or if it was the later Phonogram repress with grey/red "bullet train" type label.. the earlier mastering (think its "Arun"/Arun Chakraverty) is superb and i much prefer it to the grey/red label reissue.

i don't recognise that iteration, with the "disques" sticker could be Canadian or French possibly?
i wonder if that was an original pressing of Blue Moves that Steven Wilson picked up in Revolution Records.. the earlier one has the blue/green Rocket label with "Thomas The Tank Engine" style graphics, or if it was the later Phonogram repress with grey/red "bullet train" type label.. the earlier mastering (think its "Arun"/Arun Chakraverty) is superb and i much prefer it to the grey/red label reissue.

yes it is a first Canadian pressing, they used American jackets and then added the black 2 record sticker to the jacket on all first pressings but I've never come across the blue hype also on the jacket before, so possibly this was added to only some early or late copies in the release? Great pressing !

yes it is a first Canadian pressing, they used American jackets and then added the black 2 record sticker to the jacket on all first pressings but I've never come across the blue hype also on the jacket before, so possibly this was added to only some early or late copies in the release? Great pressing !

nice! very cool to find out new stuff after all this time! time and again they seemed to just get it right first time with EJ on vinyl in the UK.. the original Pye/DJM Westies LP sounds absolutely staggering to this day and is still my favourite way to listen to that record, it just sounds "right".

Back