Steven Wilson - The Future Bites - Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steven is doing a live chat on Facebook right now.

He said the Atmos mix of new album will have a much more extreme use of panning than the 5.1. He also said that he's been remixing his older catalog for Atmos.

...and Steven just said that during lockdown he has been doing a lot of 5.1 mixing of classic albums. He didn't give any specific titles or artists, but he did say that they were in a variety of different genres.

...and Steven just said that during lockdown he has been doing a lot of 5.1 mixing of classic albums. He didn't give any specific titles or artists, but he did say that they were in a variety of different genres.

Yes, I heard him say that as well as he said that he sent a message out to record label's,managers etc saying I have time now to do remixing. Will be interesting to see what else will come out as we know from stuff like Roxy Music and TFF-Sowing Seeds of Love sometime it takes the label along time before they put it out. Hopefully label's will be eager to be more proactive in getting stuff out now as we are all stuck at home.

Yes, I heard him say that as well as he said that he sent a message out to record label's,managers etc saying I have time now to do remixing. Will be interesting to see what else will come out as we know from stuff like Roxy Music and TFF-Sowing Seeds of Love sometime it takes the label along time before they put it out. Hopefully label's will be eager to be more proactive in getting stuff out now as we are all stuck at home.
See my avatar. Please, Mr. Jimmy?

That was a great interview. Justified what I was thinking about this whole album but still not buying his deluxe edition. It was interesting that he didn't see the doom and gloom side of Personal Shopper. That is how I took it, but i've never been great with interpreting lyrics. I also didn't know Elton John was the guy doing the spoken word section! Really cool.

Loved his take on the bloated box sets (looking at you Permanent Waves!) and glad he's come to his senses on album length. To The Bone and many others I am done listening to a couple of songs before the end.

Really looking forward to this now.

Really interesting interview (just watched it on YouTube as not on FB). A nice hors d'oeuvre that makes the album seem more appetising. I think it's a great idea for an album and totally relevant to today.

Sounds like we're in for a crazy Atmos mix. 😎

Really interesting interview (just watched it on YouTube as not on FB). A nice hors d'oeuvre that makes the album seem more appetising. I think it's a great idea for an album and totally relevant to today.

Sounds like we're in for a crazy Atmos mix. 😎

You can get an idea on Tidal, since personal shopper and eminent sleaze are up in Atmos, and if they follow that path, King Ghost will get added too (next single).
I really liked the mix, it's indeed discreet, and this is streaming, I'm sure the bluray will sound way better.

I’ll send my coin to Bull Moose; would even consider the cassette if I was a youngster, but I also don’t buy for investment purposes, :rolleyes:although a good line maybe for everyday stuff if it makes your surround habit more palatable to a significant other :)

Reactions: GOS
Back