Steven Wilson working on 5.1 mixes of Tangerine Dream's "Phaedra" and "Ricochet"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banquet Records £139.99
Resident £131.99
Drift: £129.99
Norman Records £128.99
SuperDeluxeEdition £125.00
Juno Records £124.99
Compact Disc Services £121.99
Amazon UK £121.27
RecordStore UK £119.99
UDiscoverMusic £119.99
Burning Shed £115.00
ITunes (download) £79.99
Amazon (download) £79.99
Generator PL 143.39 Euros
Amazon.De 143.49 Euros
JPC.De 149.99 Euros
Saturn. De 147.99 Euros
Amazon.Fr 132.44 Euros
Mondadori 140.49 Euros
Amazon.It 150.99 Euros
Cue Records 159.00 Euros
Amazon.JP 21,022Yen
Tower Records JP 20,178 Yen
Discrepancy Records AU $290
You can also get it as an import from branches of JB Hi-Fi in Australia (in-store only)
Importcds.com $143.39
Deepdiscount $164.93

I ordered mine from SDE and it was dispatched via Parcelforce 48hr on Thursday, so here I am on Saturday and its not arrived, it arrived at their local depot in the early hours, but as its Saturday that doesn't count for 48hr delivery, so it'll be Monday and thus 72hrs+ ...........................… and I'll be away :(

Finally received mine from AmazonUK today. Massive box set. Will crack it open later. Like Clinty's, outside of box was damaged, left on my porch in the rain but upon opening it, it's thankfully in perfect condition. The Search for Hades is over!

I'm in Arizona, my pre-order came in from Burning Shed Monday (FedEx, had to sign for it).

The crown jewel (of many jewels) in the box (for me) is Oedipus Tyrannus. After years and years and years of waiting and fantasizing (yep), this lived up to every expectation. Include having it re-mixed in stereo AND 5.1 (you know with TLC) by Steven Wilson is just the icing. And what an excellent mix it is, truly immersive. If you guys and gals like the experimental side of early TD, this is the missing link between Phaedra and Rubycon. Add in the wonderfully recorded (via the Manor Mobile) live shows from 1974 and the STEREO (finally!) 1975 London gig (with Michael Hoenig), I'm in absolute TD heaven. And I'm only roughly 25% into the box at this point.

Bill

Last edited:
I'm in Arizona, my pre-order came in from Burning Shed Monday (FedEx, had to sign for it).

The crown jewel (of many jewels) in the box (for me) is Oedipus Tyrannus. After years and years and years of waiting and fantasizing (yep), this lived up to every expectation. Include having it re-mixed in stereo AND 5.1 (you know with TLC) by Steven Wilson is just the icing. And what an excellent mix is is, truly immersive. If you guys and gals like the experimental side of early TD, this is the missing link between Phaedra and Rubycon. Add in the wonderfully recorded (via the Manor Mobile) live shows from 1974 and the STEREO (finally!) 1975 London gig (with Michael Hoenig), I'm in absolute TD heaven. And I'm only roughly 25% into the box at this point.

Bill

Am just about to crack mine open. Thrilled to hear that Steven Wilson remains the PRO he has consistently been in remixing these albums to stunning 5.1. NEVER heard Oedipus Tyrannus in any form so that should be a REAL treat.

Back