Quad LP/Tape Poll Stevens, Cat: Tea For The Tillerman [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Tea For The Tillerman"

• 10: Great Sound, Great Mix, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Cat's 1971 breakthrough Lp, 2nd for Island(UK), A&M(US).

Side 1:

1. Where Do The Children Play?
2. Hard Headed Woman
3. Wild World
4. Sad Lisa
5. Miles From Nowhere

Side 2:

1. But I Might Die Tonight
2. Longer Boats
3. Into White
4. On The Road To Find Out
5. Father And Son
6. Tea For The Tillerman

ED :)

4, and that's being kind. 10 for the music. Negative 2 for the mix. Double stereo is being kind. Like many early A&M Q8 only titles, it's a non-mix. OK, A&M likely didn't have the masters, since this title was leased from Island. So, we get a fantastic album, in a non-Quad 4-channel mix, on a low-fi format. If you want to hear it the right way, the dbx LP (if you have that capability), AP SACD or Mofi 1/2 speed mastered LP are the best ways to listen to this. I've owned all these pressings, as well as this piece of mung, a cassette, CD, Mofi Gold CD and the 2CD expanded. Of the eight copies I've owned, this one is by far the worst.

I too was disappointed with what I thought was a "lazy" mix. Oh yeah, it sounded spacious in the car (where I did all my quad 8 listening) but it sounded like they just threw a delay line on the stereo to create 2 more channels (kind of like what was done to "Down" from Nilsson Schmilsson). The music had some great spots for doing interesting things in quad too. Most likely you're right Linda. Lost opportunity with this one - still good music though.

Back