HiRez Poll Stewart, Rod - IT HAD TO BE YOU [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Rod Stewart - IT HAD TO BE YOU

• 10: Great Mix, Great sonics, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9:

• 5:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this title - (y) :phones (n)

The content is well suited for Rod's aged voice.

The recording is beautiful. The mix, subtle yet effective.

A nice dinner party disc or for 'lounging'. :)

I'm surprised it isn't in demand.

'Nature Boy' and 'What's New' worked... So does this.

Thanks Dan.

I was pleasantly surprised just how good this is. The sound is excellent. Good use of rear speakers. Mostly orchestral in the back speakers. Too bad Rod would not do the same with some of his better rock albums.

8. A good album, though not a great one. Nice mix.

160883979834.jpg

Seem to recall being underwhelmed by the surround on this (which was a shock at the time as I love just about every other Thom Cadley surround mix I've heard) so before I vote I feel I need to give this another listen :)

I was a little surprised by the content of this album...it was an impulse buy and I didn't research it...I just assumed it was the usual stuff from Rod...but after the initial shock wore off it's really a good disc...not great...but certainly respectable and it sounds smooth...the surround aspect is pretty conservative...but it goes nicely with the content...I don't think an aggressive mix would work with these songs...I'd prefer hearing Rod sing Maggie May than Moonglow...so that is my only real complaint about this disc...I'll give it an 8...

FWIW, the concert DVD has more of the songs that some folks might wish for. Rod's classics, as well as the American Songbook cuts.
The concert mix is pretty tame, but musical elements do wrap in to the surrounds. Nothing exactly dominates back there though.

Back