Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Had this a while from Pledge Music.
Excellent album, for me a bit 'overlong' a triumph of playing skill and a bit showoffy, nothing wrong with that but could have done with a prune here and there to make the album a more snappy

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
OH NOOOOOOO
Neil...you should have authored this..
my ever trusty Oppo is skipping on track 1 between 5:05 and 5.30
maaaaannnnnn what a bummer!

ProgRules

800 Club - QQ All-Star
I did author it.......no skips on my master set.
This is very strange and has to be related to the packaging.
Neil- do you ever have any input on the packaging? I hate when discs are packaged so that they can be damaged upon removal/ re-insertion. Can you get feedback to the people responsible for these (likely you already have)? Or is this just a form of planned obsolescence: the powers-that-be looking for ways to increase the bottom line by getting additional sales when we have to replace our discs down the road after they develop playback problems?

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I never have packaging input,. but I would hazard a guess that this is not done to cause problems but from a use of eco-packaging as opposed to plastics.
I will ask Markus what the thinking behind it is and see what I get back.

patrick1

Hey- Love the music/mix. Absolutely HATE the packaging; the disc is set in way too tight. I felt I was damaging the disc the first time I took it out, let alone when I do it over and over. I don't mind the case style, it's just that there have been other similar packages where the disc slides out so easily. Still, a must have for Levin, et. al. fans.

Dixie4

Banned
Hey- Love the music/mix. Absolutely HATE the packaging; the disc is set in way too tight. I felt I was damaging the disc the first time I took it out, let alone when I do it over and over. I don't mind the case style, it's just that there have been other similar packages where the disc slides out so easily. Still, a must have for Levin, et. al. fans.
I haven't ordered the disc, and obviously not seen the packaging, but it reminds me of the packaging on NeYo's last cd " RED ". It's a tall thin card, if you don't damage the disc, you'll almost certainly rip the packaging, at some point !
Why cut costs like this !! ?? ( and still find, in this instance, paying £20 + ?? ) Not very good really !

Shnicks

QQ Supporter
Outstanding. Great players, interesting and elaborate arrangements. Sonically it's fantastic with a well organized, balanced, and very discrete mix. The material is quite reminiscent of stage 2 Crimson to be sure.

This is a gem. 10 all the way.

stormchaser

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
This was a really pleasant surprise. Great sonics, as noted above lots of similiarities to KC albums like Discipline, and a solid mix. I bought this one on a flier to support surround more generally but I've found myself pulling this one off of the shelf for repeated listens. Recommended!

Okay, how the hell did someone give this a 1?

blackpage

I really liked the surround mix on this, no problems with my Oppo BDP-93 with my initial play, and the live show/tour documentary is a treat (2.0 however). Watching them do the Firebird Suite is amazing..and I agree with everyone about the packaging, ripped this to ISO for my media player (Smart D-1) the first time I took it out for future playbacks.

ChristopherLees

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
This was a really pleasant surprise. Great sonics, as noted above lots of similiarities to KC albums like Discipline, and a solid mix. I bought this one on a flier to support surround more generally but I've found myself pulling this one off of the shelf for repeated listens. Recommended!

Okay, how the hell did someone give this a 1?
Jon is kindly redoing the database this weekend...and sorting out the stupid one vote drama (all from the same person) that permeates many of the polls

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Performance, recording, mix - all stellar. I especially enjoyed the video performance/tour diary albeit in 2.0. These are not songs you hum - by the nature of the instrumentation, this is heavy on the groove - it makes a strong impact while listening but doesn't necessarily stick (no pun intended) for very long after. A strong 9.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
A nice BIG TENNER from me (packaging issues aside)
A REAL Surround mix, excellent material and on top of that an almost full concert...being a Stick Player myself, makes me a fanboy too...saw them opening for PT back in 2009 when Michael Bernier was the other Stick man...remember Tony announced "Now we're gonna play a version of the "Rite of Spring" , and I went " WHAAT????", later he corrected himself...don't know if he did it on purpose or the "cannabisized" air had got to him..:)

Photo on 2013-07-22 at 11.59.jpg

That me holding up the "autographed" Special preview CD version of Soup I got in the concert....yes , it's that hot in Madrid...

colsky

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Listened to this again last night. Excellent sound, great music, especially when it hits a groove. 8 for the music, 9 for the sound, 10 for the extras with the excellent video (I haven't listened to the Spanish and Italian songs yet!). 9 overall.

Slightly annoying packaging as tight fit. Is that a teddy bear on the cover? That's what I see it as anyway!

ProgRules

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Listened to this again last night. Excellent sound, great music, especially when it hits a groove. 8 for the music, 9 for the sound, 10 for the extras with the excellent video (I haven't listened to the Spanish and Italian songs yet!). 9 overall.

Slightly annoying packaging as tight fit. Is that a teddy bear on the cover? That's what I see it as anyway!
I haven't got the discs yet, but from pics I thought it was something bubbling up from... the Deep.

So- this is a dvd-a? I just ordered it from amazon and they describe it as a DTS mix. I'm cool w/ that, but even better if it's dvd-a.