DVD/DTS Poll Stills, Stephen - Stills [DTS CD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS-CD of Stephen Stills - STILLS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1 Bad Mix, Bad Sonics, Bad Content

• Total voters
Hello,

Does anyone have any comments for this release. Is it a good mix? How are the sonics? I can't say that I have ever noticed this title while shopping. Jon pointed out the fact that it was a quad release in another thread. I'm curious why this was a Columbia quad release? The CD copy that I have is Atlantic...

It's nice to know there are (still s)ome titles to be on the lookout for.

This was actually a CBS release all the way. Stills first LP was called STEPHEN STILLS, then second STEPHEN STILLS 2, then MANASSAS. Those were on Atlantic. The STILLS album was Columbia. I am not sure the story behind this, but I seem to recall that Atlantic was down on CSN because of albums promised (CSNY) and never delivered.

Nash & Crosby went to ABC, Stills to Columbia, and NY stayed where he was at Reprise. This was all in the mid-70s.

STILLS - Track List
1. Turn Back The Pages
2. My Favorite Changes
3. My Angel
4. In This Way
5. Love Story
6. To Mama From Christopher And The Old Man
7. First Things First
8. New Mama
9. As I Come Of Age
10. Shuffle Just As Bad
11. Cold Cold World
12. Myth Of Sisyphus

Attachments

• stills.jpg
    stills.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 492
Hello,

Thanks for clearing that up Jon, I was confusing the Stills with the Stephen Stills which I have along with Manassas. He sure liked the sports jerseys. On the back of the Stephen Stills album he is wearing a Viking #41 jersey.

Attachments

• stills.jpg
    stills.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for clearing that up Jon, I was confusing the Stills with the Stephen Stills which I have along with Manassas. He sure liked the sports jerseys. On the back of the Stephen Stills album he is wearing a Viking #41 jersey.

No problem, it is confusing. Check out "Stills Alone" if you don't have it. That disc has the original version of "Treetop Flyer", a great Stills tune unheard by many that CSNY played on their last tour. Actually, Neil and Stephen played it together alone. Very cool.

Finally got this one from Amazon used for $24 US. Great album. I had never heard the CD before but had always like the guy's work with CSNY and I really like these HDS discs (Poco, Edgar Winter and to a lesser extent Billie Myers). The use of surrounds is discreet and very good. This album has an amazing array of support artists on it and all the songs are great and varied. A must have if you like CSNY. A solid 9. :D

"As I Come Of Age" sounds excellent in surround! Just like a real CSN track. It's been too long since I last listened to the whole thing that I can't comment on the rest of the disc, but I'm definitely glad I bought it way back when.

Damn, just discovered this thread! I've had this disc for years and not rated it. Sounds great - a 9. The album is what it is, not his best of the '70s, not his worst either. I'd say about half of it is quality Stills though. Wish there were more CSN&Y in surround.

Back