HiRez Poll Sting - BRAND NEW DAY [SACD and DVD-A]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD-A/SACD of Sting - BRAND NEW DAY

• Total voters

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Has anybody had success ripping this(Sting-Brand New Day) DVD-A? I have tried twice via DVD audio extractor and come up zilch.

HugoPhyrst

Has anybody had success ripping this(Sting-Brand New Day) DVD-A? I have tried twice via DVD audio extractor and come up zilch.
Hi, Just bought this and listened to it over the weekend. Owned the CD, but really enjoying this surround mix.

Tried ripping several times with DVDAE with no luck.. I contacted support and their response was that it still contained copy protection. Further testing tonight ...

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Hi, Just bought this and listened to it over the weekend. Owned the CD, but really enjoying this surround mix.

Tried ripping several times with DVDAE with no luck.. I contacted support and their response was that it still contained copy protection. Further testing tonight ...
That's great, thank you.

HugoPhyrst

No luck ripping this title. The DVD-Video/DVD-Audio hybrid disc has CSS/CPPM encryption. Have tried a multitude of solutions to remove encryption with no success.

marpow

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
No luck ripping this title. The DVD-Video/DVD-Audio hybrid disc has CSS/CPPM encryption. Have tried a multitude of solutions to remove encryption with no success.
Weird, huh? I ripped a ton of DVD-A's and this and the Al Green Gretest Hits are the only two I/we could not rip. Thank you for your effort at least we have the answer now and I am sure it is the same answer for the Al Green.

4-earredwonder

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
More importantly, don't sell the discs you ripped to others. I plan on keeping all my discs, ripping them is just pure and simple, easier to play. 2000 Hi Res discs will buy about 100 OPPO's.
Sadly, NOT any more, Markie. Oppos are now endangered species, especially the UHD 203 and 205! But you're correct....KEEP those discs........very savvy move!

esimms86

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Have you tried DVD Passkey? It’s worked with many of my discs, though I don’t own this one. I’m guessing you can purchase a download of DVD Passkey with a CyberMonday discount.

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
would it work if you tried to make an unencrypted backup of the disk with MakeMKV and then ripped the backup with DVDAE?

HugoPhyrst

Tried them all. MakeMKV only backs up Blu-ray. Used DVDFab, and Passkey, Passkey and Imgburn, Foobar with plug-in ... I think it might have something to do with the fact that it's a hybrid with different encryption on both sections. Never had a problem before and I've ripped dozens of my titles. Convenient to play the FLACs; always holding onto the original discs.

Spock

I ripped this disc a couple of months ago - but I don't remember how I did it (sorry) - but it was not as straight forward as most dvd audio discs.

Eidt: Checked my recycle-bin in windows - and it looks like I copied the entire dvd-audio disc to harddrive - and used DVDAE on that folder. Do not remember how I copied the disc to hdd though o_O

Edit 2: This works on my system - disc in disc drive - start Foobar - select Menu/File/Add Folder - select your disc drive, select the Audio_ts folder - group select the 10 tracks starting with 5:57 - right click - select convert - quick convert - flac - convert - select the folder you want.

The last track are track 10 and the hidden track - open it in Audacity and split.

A good time to vote - excellent mix and fidelty- great album - I give it a 9! :)

Last edited:

esimms86

I ripped this disc a couple of months ago - but I don't remember how I did it (sorry) - but it was not as straight forward as most dvd audio discs.

Eidt: Checked my recycle-bin in windows - and it looks like I copied the entire dvd-audio disc to harddrive - and used DVDAE on that folder. Do not remember how I copied the disc to hdd though o_O

Edit 2: This works on my system - disc in disc drive - start Foobar - select Menu/File/Add Folder - select your disc drive, select the Audio_ts folder - group select the 10 tracks starting with 5:57 - right click - select convert - quick convert - flac - convert - select the folder you want.

The last track are track 10 and the hidden track - open it in Audacity and split.

A good time to vote - excellent mix and fidelty- great album - I give it a 9! :)
In some cases I’ve also met with success with the following procedure:

1)Decrypt the disc with DVD Passkey
2)Copy the disc with DVDFab
3)Rip the copy with DVDAE

esimms86

BTW is the sound quality equivalent for the DVD-A versus the SACD? I ask because the SACD is far more expensive plus it doesn’t have the bonus track.

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter

This is one of only a few discs I've had trouble with also. Spock, when I put that disc in my drive, open Foobar, the "add Folder" line is Greyed out and won't let me see it. From what I've seen on your posts, you're very gifted with the Foobar; could it be the lack of an Installed Module? Thanks for any help.