Stockfisch Records joins NativeDSD - With 7 New DSD Albums!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
This was great to see; I like the Stockfisch label (although I'm not a big DSD down loader-but might be soon!)

Stockfisch-Records & Pauler Acoustics: closer to the music.
It all began with the recordings of Werner Lämmerhirt and David Qualey. For more than 40 years, the Stockfisch label has been releasing the work of well and not-so-well-known artists from the European guitar scene, the 70's Folk revival and has paid special attention to the (Anglo-American) singer/songwriter scene.
In addition to well-known stars, Stockfisch-Records offers an interesting line-up of the newest discoveries in the musician’s scene and moreover very special recordings: Direct-to-Disc cuttings connecting the recording studio directly to the inhouse Direct-Metal-Mastering cutting lathe or interesting classical recordings in special locations. Stockfisch stands for audiophile sound-quality.

xw9LZX3kOe7F8IxXegcNEmZZ4s0zbJ2gfAh4NM3uJDlx9HSRfcI8l869bO-DMraAAaIfwLPQQyqoqdlQPqzAZR86_0Ip7IItcf3OwxLcCuMtYVaHEOpxAF2rXl-ajbcPdZGRmoINX-n2jM8OX7emmiIwf1BvFtyTN1Fw1l4=s0-d-e1-ft

This was great to see; I like the Stockfisch label (although I'm not a big DSD down loader-but might be soon!)

Stockfisch-Records & Pauler Acoustics: closer to the music.
It all began with the recordings of Werner Lämmerhirt and David Qualey. For more than 40 years, the Stockfisch label has been releasing the work of well and not-so-well-known artists from the European guitar scene, the 70's Folk revival and has paid special attention to the (Anglo-American) singer/songwriter scene.
In addition to well-known stars, Stockfisch-Records offers an interesting line-up of the newest discoveries in the musician’s scene and moreover very special recordings: Direct-to-Disc cuttings connecting the recording studio directly to the inhouse Direct-Metal-Mastering cutting lathe or interesting classical recordings in special locations. Stockfisch stands for audiophile sound-quality.

xw9LZX3kOe7F8IxXegcNEmZZ4s0zbJ2gfAh4NM3uJDlx9HSRfcI8l869bO-DMraAAaIfwLPQQyqoqdlQPqzAZR86_0Ip7IItcf3OwxLcCuMtYVaHEOpxAF2rXl-ajbcPdZGRmoINX-n2jM8OX7emmiIwf1BvFtyTN1Fw1l4=s0-d-e1-ft

Yes, Stockfisch is the 73rd record label at NativeDSD.

Their first DSD release includes their newest album "A Very Thin Wire" by Steve Strauss plus 6 earlier DSD releases. Part of yesterday's 10 DSD additions to NativeDSD yesterday,
More DSD releases are on the way.

PF_TOC_BANNER_2019_Copy.jpg

https://stockfischrecords.nativedsd.com/

NativeDSD is exploring that with Stockfisch and their distributor.
The challenge is that most music download sites only sell/request Stereo Downloads, so selling the Multichannel editions is often a special request.

NativeDSD is exploring that with Stockfisch and their distributor.
The challenge is that most music download sites only sell/request Stereo Downloads, so selling the Multichannel editions is often a special request.

One multichannel Stockfisch title I'd especially like to see back in print is Surrounded by Horns, by the underrated sax quartet The Tiptons. Right now there's a copy for $30 on Discogs.

Yes, I've been watching the files as they come in (as I do the metadata), hoping to see my fave Sara K stuff. I'll keep an eye out for the Tiptons, too.

A couple of weeks ago the Tiptons played my little college town for the first time since before the pandemic. (They'd come through every couple of years in the decade or so before that.) They're always great: funny, friendly, energetic, fabulous musicians. I asked Sue Orfield, the tenor player, if she had any copies of Surrounded By Horns left; she said "I think I have one back at home!" Two weeks and a couple of emails later, I'm the proud owner of a disc I'd only been able to, uh, "borrow" previously. This one really deserves to be back in print. Hey @sjcorne: if NativeDSD isn't gonna ask for the entire catalog, then maybe IAA could cut a deal?
https://www.discogs.com/release/3972874-The-Tiptons-Surrounded-By-Horns

Back