Storm Corrosion (Akerfeldt/Wilson) blu ray confirmed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The music is something completely different. Very "relaxed", strange orchestrations, a real hobby project. In fact I'm surprised they made a BD of this, I hope it will sell enough to break even.

I pre-ordered from Amazon as well but added another item for the free shipping since I was not in a huge rush to get this one - order sez "shipping soon" so I'll see it next week sometime.

I received mine today...came faster than I expected with Free shipping...I played it once in spotify yesterday, Played Blu ray surround version this evening...now on wife's demand it's playing for the 2nd time today (this time CD)

I received mine today...came faster than I expected with Free shipping...I played it once in spotify yesterday, Played Blu ray surround version this evening...now on wife's demand it's playing for the 2nd time today (this time CD)

On wife's demand I turned it off after about 2 mins into the first track :(. Will listen properly tomorrow.

First CD/Bluray combo I've seen in a normal case... (y)

I've had one listen so far. Sounds great and pleased to see the DTS-HD MA light up. The first track, Drag Ropes, has a vocal harmony section and the voices are all round the room. Great stuff! The slight negatives for me are that the guitar fret squeaks are really noticeable and I was hoping that the video for drag ropes would be included. Minor quibble though and doesn't take away the enjoyment. The last track Ljudet Innan is my favourite.

Has anyone worked out what the lyrics mean to any of the tracks?

I did ask Nick Davis on the genesis forums what he felt about fret squeaks when remixing the Genesis catalogue and he felt it was part of the performance and gave it a live feel. So do any of you have an opinion on this?

The remastered CDs of the Beatles were engineered to remove all the microphone pops that occur when a word beginning with P is sung, so some engineers do like to remove extraneous noises. Not being an engineer though, I have no idea how hard it is to remove fret squeaks.

I've had one listen so far. Sounds great and pleased to see the DTS-HD MA light up. The first track, Drag Ropes, has a vocal harmony section and the voices are all round the room. Great stuff! The slight negatives for me are that the guitar fret squeaks are really noticeable and I was hoping that the video for drag ropes would be included. Minor quibble though and doesn't take away the enjoyment. The last track Ljudet Innan is my favourite.

Has anyone worked out what the lyrics mean to any of the tracks?

I did ask Nick Davis on the genesis forums what he felt about fret squeaks when remixing the Genesis catalogue and he felt it was part of the performance and gave it a live feel. So do any of you have an opinion on this?

The remastered CDs of the Beatles were engineered to remove all the microphone pops that occur when a word beginning with P is sung, so some engineers do like to remove extraneous noises. Not being an engineer though, I have no idea how hard it is to remove fret squeaks.
Please post your review here:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?15979-Storm-Corrosion-STORM-CORROSION-Blu-Ray

On wife's demand I turned it off after about 2 mins into the first track :(. Will listen properly tomorrow.

First CD/Bluray combo I've seen in a normal case... (y)

Ha Ha...she generally likes Steven Wilson's non PT projects. I cannot play King Crimson when she is around.

Ha Ha...she generally likes Steven Wilson's non PT projects. I cannot play King Crimson when she is around.

Hah! My wife likes Blackfield, most PT, some No-Man, but not SW solo stuff or Storm Corrosion :(.

BTW - She's been telling me to turn off King Crimson since 1989 :yikes- with varying degrees of success :eek:.

I concour King Crimson and wifes just dont mix, mind you a lot of what i like the wife and kids object to !!

I beg to differ. King Crimson - Discipline is one of my wife's all-time favorites! I'm fortunate that she also likes Laurie Anderson, Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, whatever KC, most PT/SW, Genesis, etc she is exposed to works as well.

I concour King Crimson and wifes just dont mix, mind you a lot of what i like the wife and kids object to !!

I beg to differ. Discipline is one of my wife's all time favorites.

On Topic: I got mine from Amazon and have played the CD once yesterday. They set out to make the record nobody expected. Will play BD ASAP.

Back