HiRez Poll Storm Corrosion - STORM CORROSION [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Storm Corrosion - STORM CORROSION

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Is anyone still listening to this title?
Yes regularly, like it more now than when I first heard it.

I recall hearing somewhere that people identify with music up until they are age 39, then there is no more space left in the brain for new music. Doh!
And then there's music lovers. OK, I lost interest in top40 music long ago, but there's so much more.

This album was not what I was expecting at all on first few listens. I thought it would be more of a heavier PT meets Opeth type of thing. It took a while to see that it was heavy in a completely different way. A heavy mood instead of heavy metal. Once I let go of my expectations and gave it the proper attention it deserved, it all came together for me. I still had not heard the BD, so I bought a BD player just to hear it in surround. :yikes What a mix! It was worth every penny to hear this disc properly. It's still one of my go to discs when the mood is right.

One or two spins is not enough to get a handle on it. Give it time to grow on you. If it doesn't start to grab you, then pass it on to someone else. It's definitely not an album done for mass appeal.

I find myself listening to this title quite often. It brings peace, but at the same time there is enough going on to keep you from dozing off. Beautiful dreamy sounds. Wonderful harmony vocals with excellent, sometimes surprising use of surround. The only thing that is a bit of a drawback is the playing time. It could have been a little longer. That's why I give “only” a 9. Is there anything known about a sequel yet?

Oh, I should vote for this one.
The only thing I did not understand is, why SW did not won the Grammy for this album.

A 10. Easy.

Because:
Music is so intense, melancholic and beautiful (and very dark too, yes), excellent recorded and arranged. 10
Sound: absolutely brilliant with high dynamic range. 10.
Mix: see above, SW should have won the Grammy. I'm sure the jury was overcharged with this kind of music. 10
Package: simply beautiful. 10

It's some years ago, but as far as I remember this release was easy to get (in a record store !!!) and much below 20 bucks.

One of my all time favorites,

Back