Strange problem with OPPO 970

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rck60s

Hi all I have a very strange problem with my OPPO 970...can someone help me here?

I am burning DTS upmixes on cdr using nero..When I burn the cd and play it thru my system using the analog outs all is fine...The cd plays normally , changes tracks no problems....When I change to optical out or coaxial however and play the cd it will not change to the next track when the song is finished...It changes on the display but there is no sound...when I hit the skip back button it will go to the beginning of the song and start to play as normal....when i change back to analog all is how it should be, song ends next one begins...It does this no matter what DTS disc I burn...Could it be a problem with the player or the way I am burning the discs? I do not understand why it would play perfectly thru analog and not thru digital

Hi all I have a very strange problem with my OPPO 970...can someone help me here?

There are a lot of documented flaws in the Oppo machines all over the Internet. It looks as though it is a firmware issue, and there seem to be fixes available for (at least) some of these quirks. Here is a link that might help you out. Good luck. Mike.

http://www.oppodigital.com/dv970hd/dv970hd_support.html

,,The manufacturers of my unit sent me this response...

"With the optical interface it seems that your receiver is not properly handshaking the DTS signal. Our DVD players do not send out "black noise" to keep the receiver in a DTS state."

I was told that putting a cue sheet in might help...Does anyone know how to do this? I use nero and have never used a cue sheet before

I have a lot of these that I have burned and I pass them via toslink. Never had a problem on the 970 with any of them. The only flaw I have found with the player and the same "flaw" happened on my 45a was that for 5.0 DVD-A discs there is no way of getting a subwoofer output even if you set the speakers to small. So in short I would say it is your receiver as mentioned above.

This does sound like a receiver problem - or rather a receiver issue. Some machine are better at picking up signals than others, receivers and disc players all have their little idiosyncrasies. My Yamaha player would click between tracks on DVD-As that I made from SQ vinyl, my Denon and Pioneer player don't. Each unit has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Back