"Strays" DualDisc on eBay for only 300 Dollars!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The OP is a little confusing to me - maybe somebody can clarify. AFaIK, this release does not have a surround layer. Does anybody know differently?

Pretty sure it does, EB.. if this is the one with the 5.1 on it, it seems from reading around consensus is its not too great.. though I don't know as I've never heard it, the few times it has come up over the years I've missed it or its been too expensive! :yikes

Pretty sure it does, EB.. if this is the one with the 5.1 on it, it seems from reading around consensus is its not too great.. though I don't know as I've never heard it, the few times it has come up over the years I've missed it or its been too expensive! :yikes

Where is this consensus you're reading? I can't find any info on it have MC. Given that the seller lists it as "enhanced" or whatever, my assumption would be hi-res stereo, as is the case with many Dualdiscs.

Definitely surround, I have it at home. I must say I like it quite a bit, too! It feels a little bit compressed and yeah, not the best mastering I've ever heard, but it's definitely worth the 60 bucks I paid for it. Very nice surround mix, and in 96/24, too.

The 5.1 was only available during an early "test run" of the DualDisc format, sold only in two cities in the US, I think Boston and another one, for a short time in 2004. The album later had a "regular" DualDisc version when the format was in full swing, but that version didn't have the 5.1 mix. So this is definitely quite the rarity. All the copies I've seen had a "Made in Austria" sticker on them, including mine. So this guy is selling the real deal, but I'd never pay 300 bucks for it though.

I heard rumours that there might be a possibility to hear a track or two from the 5.1 version in FLAC format if you know your channels...

Interesting, I was a big Jane's Addiction fan way back when and I'm a big Atmos Fan. Perry and Co. actually put out Strays way back when in 5.1 and it's super rare/impossible to find.
Not hard to find if you are part of the 1% and have $5k burning a hole in your pocket. eBay has one listed for $4,999 USD

Back