Stream MC audio directly from Audacity? / Recording MC with Audacity DAW

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking back over the thread, I think it morphed from multichannel playback to multichannel record.

e.g. Audacity can do multi-channel record and I demonstrated how I have used the loopbe interface to record 16+ channels in audacity. AND, audacity can't do multi channel playback (yet). You can export (and I have done up to 32 channels this way), but you have playback with something else.

@boondocks Do you know if Audition will work like a media player, and play back more than one song at a time? I realize that is not the software's intended purpose, but just wondering if it is a setting I am missing? It will load a folder worth of files but stops or loops each audio file.
No, at least if there is a way I'm unaware of it.
Sorry I thought some one else answered your post in my sleepiness.

No, at least if there is a way I'm unaware of it.
Sorry I thought some one else answered your post in my sleepiness.
@himey Is the reason you want to play a que in Audition because you want to see the waveform?
You could add the waveform seekbar component to Foobar to do that. You won't get the same granularity as with Audition, though, but you will get a waveform displaying all channels.

@himey Is the reason you want to play a que in Audition because you want to see the waveform?
You could add the waveform seekbar component to Foobar to do that. You won't get the same granularity as with Audition, though, but you will get a waveform displaying all channels.
No. I am running a 4.0.4 setup, and Audition is the only "player" that I get full control over which speaker/channel goes to which signal/player output. It would be a lot easier to just go 5.1.2, but I like how you get front to back sounds in the tops. I am limited to 8 total output channels at the moment.

foobar2000 should be fine. Just takes a little work to setup.

Does your DAC have an ASIO driver?
It has an ASIO driver. In foobar I tried using Channel Mixer but it is limited to 6 channels. I also tried Matrix Mixer and I could only direct channels 1-6. 7,8 I couldn't figure out.

On another subject, Does LoopBeAudio work in Adobe Audition like it does in Audacity, for recording? The setup in Audacity was very simple but I can't figure it out in Audition. It only wants to show 2 recording inputs, and if I switch to WASAPI, the two recording inputs disappear and leaves no recording options?

What is the problem in foobar using non audio driver to get 8 ch, just the channel Order?

What is the channel order in your 4.0.4 files?

Do you expect to play 5.1 files into your 4.0.4 setup as well?

If so you might want to think about using a 5.1.4 container, for your 4.0.4 files.

With wavpack you should have all the capabilities of FLAC.

On another subject, Does LoopBeAudio work in Adobe Audition like it does in Audacity, for recording? The setup in Audacity was very simple but I can't figure it out in Audition. It only wants to show 2 recording inputs, and if I switch to WASAPI, the two recording inputs disappear and leaves no recording options?

I can’t remember if I tried that. I’ll look when I’m at my computer.

We need to get you on plogue bidule ;0)

No luck here, going beyond stereo to record in audition. Looks like we all have to learn about adobe audition multitrack sessions and how to go beyond 5.1, anybody? I'm resisting watching a bunch of off topic YouTubes.

No luck here, going beyond stereo to record in audition. Looks like we all have to learn about adobe audition multitrack sessions and how to go beyond 5.1, anybody? I'm resisting watching a bunch of off topic YouTubes.
Audacity just works for recording. Audition for playback has the better options in WASAPI, connecting track/channels to speaker/channels.

Ah come on! What's a few hours down the rabbit hole of YouTube to find what you wanna see?
/S

I am by no means an authority on Audition, although I use it often. These days I just use the waveform edit.
But if you have existing tracks, can't you put them on the bus? What I'm saying is although you may not be able to record in mch, there should be no problem mixing them, if nothing else in the waveform editor where you can still apply effects, adjust gains selectively, copy/paste.
(EDIT: Never mind, I don't know about beyond 5.1 other than the wave editor)

Otherwise I'm thinking Sound Forge, although $350 is more than I care to pay.

Last edited:
foobar2000 should be fine. Just takes a little work to setup.

Does your DAC have an ASIO driver?
The combination of the ASIO driver and Matrix Mixer component got the 8 channel mapping working perfect in Foobar! WASAPI doesn't work but ASIO did. Thanks!

Back