Streaming audio and video from your computer to an oppo player (and others.)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
I wanted to show and discuss here the options for getting an oppo player to stream audio and/or video from your computer.

I'm using an Intel NUC with Windows 10 OS to stream some of my audio and video to my oppo UDP-205 in my main system in my family room. It's running with CAT-5 wiring going through my home network and an AT&T dsl U-Verse router.
I also have an older computer running Windows 7; but I prefer to use the NUC because it has a much faster built in Solid State Drive (SSD) card in it, and the other older computer has a slower mechanical HDD.

I'll outline how I remember getting it setup (hopefully I haven't forgotten any steps.) with some photos and screen shots. If anyone spots anything off or needing extra info, please chime in!

First I found the oppo on my computer through File Explorer under the Network icon.

OPPO NETWORK-3.jpg

Next, right click on the player icon and hit - "Media streaming options" that takes you to this next screen (*it may want you to Name your media library: at the top.)
And click the 'Allowed' box and the blue 'Customize...' on the right...

OPPO NETWORK-4.jpg

... and the next screen comes up.
Then check the 'Make all of the media in my library available to this device' box (although on my setup I believe I just used the 'default settings'.) and click OK.

OPPO NETWORK-5.jpg

It also seems that the oppo likes to only see the media files on your computer if they are in these 'Music' and 'Videos' folders on your computer for some reason, I'm not sure why. So make sure any music or movie files (in their own folders) are in those folders - like wav. or flac files in folders into the 'Music' folder and MKV or mov. files in their folders into the 'Videos' folder. Highlighted below under the This PC folder.

OPPO NETWORK-1.jpg

Next - go to the player (oppo etc.) and through the 'Network' menu to check if it sees the files, through a rabbit hole of it's own folders -pics shown in order (some of my address file names have been obscured for security.)

IMG-0586.jpg

IMG-0587.jpg

IMG-0588.jpg

IMG-0589.jpg

IMG-0590.jpg

IMG-0591.jpg

IMG-0592.jpg

Back