TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H.E.R

It's rare that I find music on TV that I like anymore; but really enjoyed this on Colbert show recently

I always try to find some new artist/music that I like, which is hard to do at least in the Pop world, but I saw H.E.R. was it two years ago when she one a grammy, and have seen her a couple times since and I really like her a lot, sings great, has great songs and can play a pretty mean guitaer also.

Last edited:
If you like animation, this is a must see show on Netflix Vol. 2 -May 14th (y)
*here's the trailer - and for goodness sake go back and watch Vol. 1
https://www.netflix.com/title/80174...id=13710079&MSG_TITLE=81010124&extra=81010124
LD&R.jpg

If you like animation, this is a must see show on Netflix Vol. 2 -May 14th (y)
*here's the trailer - and for goodness sake go back and watch Vol. 1
https://www.netflix.com/title/80174...id=13710079&MSG_TITLE=81010124&extra=81010124
View attachment 66735
I watched the 1st season fairly soon after ir came out. And I was hooked I loved every bit of it! Highly recommended. Because I started viewing it again I get the usual "watch it again" suggestion from Netflix so it's usually on my mind. I did not know a new season, er, volume, 2 coming. Thanks!

Space Sweepers on Netflix. Another Korean live action movie. I've watched this 3x now & discover something new to love each time. Great visuals, scary audio. For the story: A little Outlaw Star, some Planetes, and quite a bit of Firefly. Again, recommended.

Boring old fart alert - Life was so much easier when we only had four broadcast channels! You could connect up your system with a coax and a scart lead and record anything you wanted to VHS. You could share that recording with a friend. I now have more TV channels (of mostly banal dross) than I can shake a stick at and still don’t really watch more than the original four. I can’t record anything in a way that I can share with a friend. Progress? - Well probably, for those able to wring more and more cash out of consumers for ever more narrow selections of “exclusive” content.

Boring old fart alert - Life was so much easier when we only had four broadcast channels! You could connect up your system with a coax and a scart lead and record anything you wanted to VHS. You could share that recording with a friend. I now have more TV channels (of mostly banal dross) than I can shake a stick at and still don’t really watch more than the original four. I can’t record anything in a way that I can share with a friend. Progress? - Well probably, for those able to wring more and more cash out of consumers for ever more narrow selections of “exclusive” content.
You're not wrong (or boring); don't know about older UK channels except the BBC, but here in the US it was primarily 3 (NBC, CBS & ABC).
My first memories of a TV show were from the original "Adventures of Superman"

and "The Beat Goes On"- the beat of corporations beating $ out of our accounts :)

Out here in the bonnies for years we only had one channel the CBC. Now with the switch to digital we have nothing! People are expected to have cable or satellite. Something wrong with having no off air TV service when the service is government owned!
Actually I had a big dish for years and now have cable (basic). I get most of my TV from (grey market) streaming iptv services, as well as Netflix. But yes it doesn't matter how many channels you have to watch it seems that often there is nothing that you want to watch. Better off to sit down with the stereo (surround system) and a box of beer!

They can all merge into one or all disappear - I wouldn't notice either way!
And at the other end of the spectrum....
I have friends that have proudly "cut the cord" with cable for programming, often because of the cost. They might keep cable for data or we have Google GB in our area. Then they add Disney, Amazon, HULU, HBO+, and others and by the time they are done they've made no cost savings.

We have fairly complete cable TV set up for the family TV. No HBO, Showtime, special sports chs but everything else. Yup only one TV on cable. Onlt two TV's in the whole house the other one being my projector set up in The Bassment. I have what streaming there is on the Oppo, but I only use Nutflex or VUDU. For all else I have an OTA HD tuner that gets great quality from all the majors & with the sub-stations I get 62 chs of viewing for free. I use it maybe 2x a year. :sneaky:

AM radio: the original music streaming source.

Here in the UK I upgraded from Sky HD to Sky Q with UltraHD (which turned out to be by streaming only not via satellite!) and an additional HD mini-hub so all linked into my network via 1Gb Ethernet. Then I decided to upgrade to add Netflix UHD, then I wanted the Mandolorian so that added Disney+. The end result is I'm paying around £5 a month more and I probably watch it less! :eek::oops::rolleyes: ....... thats progress!

Plus Netflix keeps hassling me with emails saying tell us what you like and we'll direct you to more of the same, which is dumb, why only watch all the same types of things! Which is what I think of all these streaming sites especially the music ones, they feed you what their 'algorithm' thinks you want, no spontaneity just uniformity! Because of QQ I have listened to and liked (with the exception of Primus!!) lots of music which I wouldn't have considered before. We need more randomness.

Here in the UK I upgraded from Sky HD to Sky Q with UltraHD (which turned out to be by streaming only not via satellite!) and an additional HD mini-hub so all linked into my network via 1Gb Ethernet. Then I decided to upgrade to add Netflix UHD, then I wanted the Mandolorian so that added Disney+. The end result is I'm paying around £5 a month more and I probably watch it less! :eek::oops::rolleyes: ....... thats progress!

Plus Netflix keeps hassling me with emails saying tell us what you like and we'll direct you to more of the same, which is dumb, why only watch all the same types of things! Which is what I think of all these streaming sites especially the music ones, they feed you what their 'algorithm' thinks you want, no spontaneity just uniformity! Because of QQ I have listened to and liked (with the exception of Primus!!) lots of music which I wouldn't have considered before. We need more randomness.

That's really odd that Netflix sends you e mails. For me at start up I get "Because You Watched..." or " Watch Again" but no e mails, fer sure.

They used to have a decent slection of pop/rock type concerts but I can't find anything anymore. I find it is easier & faster to search NF on my PC then using my Oppo remote. Then it's easy to go back to my main set up & go to it on the remote.

That's really odd that Netflix sends you e mails. For me at start up I get "Because You Watched..." or " Watch Again" but no e mails, fer sure.

They used to have a decent slection of pop/rock type concerts but I can't find anything anymore. I find it is easier & faster to search NF on my PC then using my Oppo remote. Then it's easy to go back to my main set up & go to it on the remote.
May be they'll stop emailing when I don't respond! Yes it is really difficult searching, a right pain, me thinks they love their dubious algorithms rather too much!

I cannot watch any violence and hate science fiction, don't like drama, so that eliminates 90 percent of tv watching for me.

Same here, and after the Matrix trilogy with great surround effects, all the subsequent action movies just seem to be fake digital effects re-runs.

But where oh where can we find streaming of surround music and concerts, preferably HD ?!?

Back