TV Streaming Services and their Content

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted Lasso season 2 starts on Apple TV next week (July 23rd) and I couldn't be more excited. The first season was probably the best series I've watched in the last few years, certainly the best since Community and The Office ended.

When I saw the trailer for the first season last year, I was kind of underwhelmed, I thought "oh ok, it's like a soccer version of the movie Major League" but the trailer doesn't do it justice at all - I guess you'd call it a comedy, but it's so much more than just funny, it's incredibly well written, the characters are all well-developed and the story is superb - heartwarming and uplifting, but without being saccharine and cloying. At this stage of my life I'm the kind of person who's mostly dead inside, but I found myself getting emotional (in a positive way) at some point or another (and for different reasons) during almost every episode. And as someone who lived in the UK for quite a while, a lot of the "fish out of water" element really resonated with me, not to mention having lived on both sides of the Atlantic (and with in-laws in the US) that the portrayals of all the characters are, to use a British expression, "spot on". This isn't some crappy American production making stupid "ha ha British people drink tea and have bad teeth" jokes, nor is it a British production doing the same about Americans. I know the show is run by Bill Lawrence (who was behind Scrubs some years back) and I don't know what his history with the UK is but between him and his writers there's a clear knowledge and deep understanding of both British and American culture. And while it is a show about a soccer team (and it doesn't hurt if you know the game, or anything about British "football") the themes are universal enough that you don't have to know the sport to enjoy it.

Like I said, the trailers don't really do it justice, but this is the trailer for Season 2. If you haven't tried season 1 and you're looking for something to watch, give it a go - I've seen more than one reviewer say that if you give the first episode a chance, you'll know by the end if it's for you or not.

caught my first Ted Lasso tonight, and my second, and my third...

knew I was gonna love it first show in with the lines:

like a gif, never ending :ROFLMAO:

R. I. P.
Michael K. Williams

*loss of a great actor!
Besides shows like “The Wire” & “Lovecraft Country” and others; I especially enjoyed his performances in the offbeat show “Hap and Leonard”

@Sonik Wiz you may like this one

Netflix

KATE.jpg

Coming to Apple TV+ - 09/24
Asimov’s Foundation

Watched the first episode of this last night (new episodes every Friday) and the CGI visuals are impressive (I need to pay closer attention to the sound though.) The story line seems easy enough for me to follow so far, as I never read the books. But I think I'll be in for the long haul.

Watched the first episode of this last night (new episodes every Friday) and the CGI visuals are impressive (I need to pay closer attention to the sound though.) The story line seems easy enough for me to follow so far, as I never read the books. But I think I'll be in for the long haul.
I read the books when I was young and loved them. I've watched the first two episodes, and I'm impressed so far. They've deviated a bit from the books, but that's to be expected for an adaptation like this. The reviews from critics have been both positive and negative, but I suspect a lot of them have never read the books. I'm not saying you have to have read the books to enjoy the series, but even with the changes, it's still a dense plot.

I've read all those Foundation books a few times, love Asimov's Sci-Fi, they also helped in inspiring me to study Electronics (along with music, Moogs, and mixing desks!). I finished Uni in '79 and bought a handheld computer (Ok only programmable in BASIC) and it felt like his books had come alive!

I've read all those Foundation books a few times, love Asimov's Sci-Fi, they also helped in inspiring me to study Electronics (along with music, Moogs, and mixing desks!). I finished Uni in '79 and bought a handheld computer (Ok only programmable in BASIC) and it felt like his books had come alive!
So, will you be able to see the show on Apple TV?

GOLIATH
Season 4 (last season)

*have watched all prior seasons on Amazon Prime of this Billy Bob Thornton show.
This season is set in and around Chinatown San Francisco and has a Film Noir style to it.

GOLIATH 4.jpg

Netflix has a pretty poor rep for anime into live action. But I do have high hopes & high expectations for this on Nov 19th. And I love they used the original series theme music "Tank" by Yoko Kanno.

Back