Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the CD doesn't say it. If you play it using the java Quadraphonic Matrix Decoder, you can see it with the o-scope images at the bottom. I ripped the CD that I have. I then confirmed it with the app. I read somewhere that the CD audio was sourced from a quad master. As you can see below, it was correct.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 2.41.05 PM.png

Well, the CD doesn't say it. If you play it using the java Quadraphonic Matrix Decoder, you can see it with the o-scope images at the bottom. I ripped the CD that I have. I then confirmed it with the app. I read somewhere that the CD audio was sourced from a quad master. As you can see below, it was correct.

View attachment 54734

in this pic the decoder is set to QS?

If you like electronic music Jurassic Shift by the Ozric Tentacles sounds pretty amazing on the Surround Master. I have to say it sounds really great in stereo also!
Also, if you can find it, "Everything You Always Wanted To Hear on the Moog (But Were Afraid to Ask For", by Kazdin & Shepard, kicks some serious surround butt.

If you like electronic music Jurassic Shift by the Ozric Tentacles sounds pretty amazing on the Surround Master. I have to say it sounds really great in stereo also!

I love Ozric Tentacles! Nice to see them mentioned on QQ. Jurassic Shift is one of their best. I also really like Erpland and Curious Corn. Those albums have so much surround potential!

I love Ozric Tentacles! Nice to see them mentioned on QQ. Jurassic Shift is one of their best. I also really like Erpland and Curious Corn. Those albums have so much surround potential!
Well if you haven't heard all their stuff there is quite a bit on Tidal music service if you have an account to sample. :)

Late this afternoon after completing my second listen of the Doobies What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits I decided to give the high res stereo a go through the Surround Master. I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS...I found the hi res stereo version in Involve 5.1 to be as aurally satisfying as the discrete quad. Yes, it doesn't have the separation of the quad, but it's still an extremely impressive upmix. Granted a couple of the densely instrumented compressed rockers just gotta go the quad route, but everything else sounds as good as a modern 5.1 mix.

Late this afternoon after completing my second listen of the Doobies What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits I decided to give the high res stereo a go through the Surround Master. I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS...I found the hi res stereo version in Involve 5.1 to be as aurally satisfying as the discrete quad. Yes, it doesn't have the separation of the quad, but it's still an extremely impressive upmix. Granted a couple of the densely instrumented compressed rockers just gotta go the quad route, but everything else sounds as good as a modern 5.1 mix.
Might have been even better if it was actually encoded in INVOLVE stereo!!!! Could not resist the blatant promo.

Before getting the Quadio I played the cds through the SM and was impressed.

Back