Quantcast

Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Try the live Midnight Oil - "Oils on the Water" concert. Its probably the best live concert I have seen!!
Great band. My cousins took my late Uncle who was well into his 70s at the time to see Midnight Oil (probably in Melbourne as he lived on Philip Island), and he loved the gig, but said it was very hot & sweaty!

chucky3042

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Here you go, follow these tracks on Youtube.....Oils on the water. Shot on Goat Island in the middle of Sydney Harbour. The coolest gig since the Beatles did the rooftop concert!

My favorite track....................
Its about the boxing troupe that once toured country towns in Australia. The track starts slow and moody but builds to great intensity.

Also note how the concert transitions slowly from day to night, quite visually stunning.
Whats 7 feet tall, bald and a nuclear deterrent......Peter Garret
I am so unworthy of Rob Hurst on Drums!

Last edited:

Toto4Ever

Just noticed this thread. Sorry for my ignorance. What is Surround Master ? Is it a media softwear conversion ?? Hardware ??

Sonik Wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Just noticed this thread. Sorry for my ignorance. What is Surround Master ? Is it a media softwear conversion ?? Hardware ??
The Surround Master by Involve is a tri-band QS/SQ decoder that also does a credible job on stereo to surround. It is hardware. It is analog in, analog out. Poke around a bit there's so much info to read it'll make your eyes bleed.

Oh, & worth every Penney you spend on it.

Toto4Ever

The Surround Master by Involve is a tri-band QS/SQ decoder that also does a credible job on stereo to surround. It is hardware. It is analog in, analog out. Poke around a bit there's so much info to read it'll make your eyes bleed.

Oh, & worth every Penney you spend on it.
Thanks for the explanation & feedback. Only briefly looked, there does seem to be quite a lot of info, so i'll take my time & hopefully decided to buy one ?