Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one absolutely stunned me using both the Surround Master and my Sansui 9001 in synthesize mode. If there is such a thing as new age pop, this one would be it. The phase shifting on these tunes must be pretty intense. Orinoco Flow sounded like it HAD to be matrix encoded. It was that spectacular.
puremoods.jpg
puremoods2.jpg

Last edited:

That is my absolute favorite Beck album! I fell in love the first time I heard Sexx Laws. I mean it starts off with a sort of Motown brass review, has loopy Moog synth sounds and then the bag pipes. What's not to like?

I am always entranced by the oh so odd lyrics of Nicotine & gravy.

And yes I've enjoyed it many times through the Surround Master. Superlative!

That is my absolute favorite Beck album! I fell in love the first time I heard Sexx Laws. I mean it starts off with a sort of Motown brass review, has loopy Moog synth sounds and then the bag pipes. What's not to like?

I am always entranced by the oh so odd lyrics of Nicotine & gravy.

And yes I've enjoyed it many times through the Surround Master. Superlative!
I'd love to listen to this with you
And your sister
I think her name's Debra

I have a couple of Comps from Jazz Dispensary. Recently perusing the Craft Recordings pages during a sale, i saw this "Jazz Dispensary Top Shelf Series" release. Sounds PHENOMENAL!
View attachment 88630 Johnny Hammond - Gears
https://www.allmusic.com/album/gears-mw0000090769
I decoded some Hi-Res files from qobuz on the below release via my SMv2 and the results were amazing, I bet you'd like these also Clement-
all you have to do is sample the music on discogs, and you can tell!

https://www.discogs.com/release/14444913-Various-Jazz-Dispensary-The-Dank-D-Funk-Blend

Ha!

Those are a great idea. I've already ordered parts & got the amps partially disassembled though.

I'm a big fan of old audio gear with switches, knobs, VU meters etc. And a lot of it was really well built. Just needs a refresh after half a century.

Hey, you should make a Surroundmaster "Oldschool" model, similar to a Sansui QS-1 with analog meters & stuff? Might be popular

Ha!

Those are a great idea. I've already ordered parts & got the amps partially disassembled though.

I'm a big fan of old audio gear with switches, knobs, VU meters etc. And a lot of it was really well built. Just needs a refresh after half a century.

Hey, you should make a Surroundmaster "Oldschool" model, similar to a Sansui QS-1 with analog meters & stuff? Might be popular
I would love to

I would love to
VU meters are an even better invention than sliced bread. They are totally mesmerizing, especially in blue. Look, the new Jeep has McIntosh VU meters. I could never have something like that in my car as it would lead to distracted driving.

mac.jpg

Back