Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAMB is a sonic feast!!! Awesome songs in a very high quality recording/mix...make sure you listen to the LP version, the CD pales in comparison (BUT it has the edit for "May the cube be with you")

I have the DJ version of "She Blinded Me With Science" The other songs on the disc aren't that impressive, music wise. But as you well know, "She Blinded Me With Science" really pops. I'm curious about "Aliens Ate My Buick". Is it as exciting as SBMWS?

I have the DJ version of "She Blinded Me With Science" The other songs on the disc aren't that impressive, music wise. But as you well know, "She Blinded Me With Science" really pops. I'm curious about "Aliens Ate My Buick". Is it as exciting as SBMWS?
It may be one of the best things you can run through the SM!

I am more and more impressed with the Surround Master for stereo use in QS 5.1 mode. So, I say this:

Arf, Arf, Arf, clap, clap, clap

My seal of approval.
But can you balance a ball on your nose? I have to agree; the SM is incredible with stereo material. I have actually heard separation from a plain stereo record that rivaled discrete quad when played through that little black box. I use the 4.1 mode, though. Center channels don't really cut it for music. Just my opinion...

But can you balance a ball on your nose? I have to agree; the SM is incredible with stereo material. I have actually heard separation from a plain stereo record that rivaled discrete quad when played through that little black box. I use the 4.1 mode, though. Center channels don't really cut it for music. Just my opinion...
Lately, I’ve been using the Involve 5.1 mode more often. Why? No idea...Must be some sort of “use it or lose it” syndrome. I also tried the SQ mode to enhance stereo but that yields some really bizarre results.

Lately, I’ve been using the Involve 5.1 mode more often. Why? No idea...Must be some sort of “use it or lose it” syndrome. I also tried the SQ mode to enhance stereo but that yields some really bizarre results.
I use the center front frequently as well. I don't need it for good phantom imaging but it's very helpful to adjust vocalist level. Sometimes a voice is just buried in the mix & raising the level really helps out. I'm thinking Dandy Warhols, Lou Reed, some Bowie, The Avalanches...

Hi. All

Just got a new CD of ....Rick Wakeman.... "The Red Planet" had a full listen through the SM and it gave a sense of a moving landscape of music & instruments I highly recommend this CD..
BBQ...

IMG_0360.JPG
IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

Hi. All

Just got a new CD of ....Rick Wakeman.... "The Red Planet" had a full listen through the SM and it gave a sense of a moving landscape of music & instruments I highly recommend this CD..
BBQ...

View attachment 54129View attachment 54130
View attachment 54131
View attachment 54132
View attachment 54133
Hey BBQ!
Have you lisented to Aliens Ate My Buick yet?
Must admit Wakeman Red Planet is totally new for me. Most likley a after dinner Sunday listen!
Edit: sorry me pathetic. Looking for The Quadfather.....

Use this thread as a place to post stereo songs or albums that shine with the Surround Master. Make sure you specify the source (CD pressing, HDTracks, SACD, etc) so members know exactly what the specific source was, as different issues and pressings may have different mixes.

I was kaiser bills batman by whistling Jack Smith if you can find the stereo version it was hard to find it in stereo most of them were only were only in mono

Hey BBQ!
Have you lisented to Aliens Ate My Buick yet?
Must admit Wakeman Red Planet is totally new for me. Most likley a after dinner Sunday listen!
Edit: sorry me pathetic. Looking for The Quadfather.....

No, I don't have that recording. I think I would be more interested in the Wakeman recording, though.

Back