HiRez Poll Styx - CYCLORAMA [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Styx - CYCLORAMA

• Total voters
I vote 9. I like the music and the surround mix was pretty decent. I grew on me.

Music is fine, it's like Styx (which was a 3 headed monster, Tommy , JY and DDY)now a 2 headed monster -now sans DDY (and they did NOT kick him out, he LEFT...his "Broadway" tendencies were a BIT out of place with Tommy's and JY's style- he USED to rock, but he got older I guess...I am a big fan of his stuff when in Styx, a great singer -although I always found his vibrato quite annnoying- but a BRILLIANT keyboard player!)

Very good mix, yes, a bit bright , but this is a Silverline WINNER.
Cheap too.
I give it an 8.

Not sure why I never gave this one a chance, but very glad I finally picked it up! Great sounding "Styx" sound throughout, with many good (or great... "These Are The Times") songs. The fidelity sounds well-rounded (the surround mix doesn't sound bright to me). And the surround mix is excellent, IMO (not adventurous or playful, just "meat & potatoes" discreteness... what I'm always hungry for!). 8.

Aggressive cymbals, the mix is discreet but indistinct, mostly dominated by the front and rear spatial details drown, as is common with Silverline releases.

Back