Subwoofer Trials

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LB-V

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Long story very short...a Klipsch devotee came upon hard times and we happened to cross paths. One result was the addition of 5 subs to my array including 4 each 15" beauties...now 9 total subs for my subwoofer experiement / trials...and now just my everyday operation.

It's actually pretty incredible....there could probably be a lot of discussion around the merit of this many subs. The pros and cons! But what I've found is, I am quite enjoying it.

As they say, there's no replacement for displacement...🤣😵‍💫

20230522_180350.jpg

Long story very short...a Klipsch devotee came upon hard times and we happened to cross paths. One result was the addition of 5 subs to my array including 4 each 15" beauties...now 9 total subs for my subwoofer experiement / trials...and now just my everyday operation.

It's actually pretty incredible....there could probably be a lot of discussion around the merit of this many subs. The pros and cons! But what I've found is, I am quite enjoying it.

View attachment 91786

Great pic, ideed. I think I heard you playing Tevin Campbell's "Round and Round" the other night.....

View attachment 91786
We have owned the smallest RSW model (rsw10) for many years now. That older Klipsch model is among the best Klipsch ever built in my opinion. They were sure expensive too. 4- 15's. and 2-10's or are they 12's? That aught move the air some..LOL

Last edited:

View attachment 91786
More. Mooooore. MOOOOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEE!!!

Seriously though, I have one 13" which is probably all I need as the neighbour thought it was some nearby earthworks one night. But after seeing your pic, I think I might need one more. Just one. Just to even things out, y'know? :)

I'm showing this to my wife as she wonders why I need two subs. thank you!
My pleasure...lol....I've done the same many times from QQ. I showed her the pics of the @MTB Vince listening room as an example of what I'm missing!

Any plans to relocate some of them around the room to eq things a bit?

It's definitely crossed my mind. Would love to. But like a lot of us, a little limited on space. My bed sits about 2 feet behind my chair. I've been contemplating getting rid of it or at least getting a twin in lieu of the current California King...but not quite there yet! But yes, would like to be able to spread things out a bit!

I had no idea there was so much stuff in my basement that would rattle.

Believe it or not...when I first got things all connected, I let things rip to Tevin Campbell's Round and Round (@Sonik Wiz is correct!)....and I mean really rip. Found out later that the volume trim was bad on one of the 15" subs and it defaulted to 100% on. Point is, nothing in the house actually rattled...the whole structure pulsated with the beat...not a rattle one. Lol. The wife was most definitely rattled and I was....well, in the dog house for some time.

I think I might need one more. Just one. Just to even things out, y'know? :)
No doubt...even things out! Having 9, I have the same issue. Need one more to balance it out. 😵

Thanks for all the fun everybody!!

Great pic!! great speakers!! = full volumen

Before several years my wife stated that all her friends have small speakers (cheap squeezers) and I should drop out all those monsters.
Installed them in cellar, than she stated: oh the big sounds better... and I bought 4 new, big speakers for her ..

Now I'm experiencing with the bodyshakers and a 30cm sub. Feels good, but it is very importand how they are mounted. Tried a lot, now I got satisfied and think about how to get the bass from a 4 channel to them. .. will be done without changing the 4 ch.

Back