Sugarcube SC1 Mini Phono

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been very wary of this type of device. My thinking is that if you take out the noise, you also take some of the music with it. I wouldn't be willing to make that compromise. I'd also wonder what effect it has on matrix decoding.
There is no audible compromise in removing impulse noise the way Sweet Vinyl do it as far as I can hear. For peace of mind they allow you to monitor alone the artefacts being removed for test purposes and unless you apply completely over the top levels of processing there is no detectable trace of anything being removed except ticks and pops. The SC-1 has also has no effect on matrix decoding (other than to make it less annoying to listen too)!

Last edited:
Last year at AXPONA I lingered for a long time in the Sweet Vinyl demo suite. It was one of the best things I heard there. I would love to have one of their units but the pricing is a deal breaker. I am not willing to invest that kind of money into vinyl. If it were quite a bit cheaper I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Edit: While I was there , they said that the method they use to remove clicks and pops without affecting the music involved real time wavelet analysis. I have never tried to study up on click and pop removal so I have to take them at their word. The results I heard were very impressive sounding.

Last edited:
There is no audible compromise in removing impulse noise the way Sweet Vinyl do it as far as I can hear. For peace of mind they allow you to monitor alone the artefacts being removed for test purposes and unless you apply completely over the top levels of processing there is no detectable trace of anything being removed except ticks and pops. The SC-1 has also has no effect on matrix decoding (other than to make it less annoying to listen too)!
Agreed. No change except for no scratches.

Back