Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

gvl_guy

QQ Lifetime Supporter
QQ Lifetime Supporter
Greenville, SC (via NJ, Philly, ATL & SoFL)
If it's helpful at all, I have the Rock n Soul/Greatest Hits album and it sound pretty fantastic through a QS synthesizer. Lots of quad effects. I'm sure a SM would be even better.

jaybird100

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
If it's helpful at all, I have the Rock n Soul/Greatest Hits album and it sound pretty fantastic through a QS synthesizer. Lots of quad effects. I'm sure a SM would be even better.

The SM makes anything sound great, but I'd like to hear them in a properly mixed 4.0 or 5.1 mix. There are stems out there, and I've heard a few tracks from them that were mixed by fans. A true, official surround mix, done by someone who knows their way around a mixing board, would truly rock.

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I'm thinking that since we just got three rock / pop tiles in Jan. and some classical before that, some country titles might be next up? And I am hoping for a few real top of the line albums from the RCA Nashville vaults. Waylon, Dolly, Jerry Reed, and that level must be about to roll out, no?

jaybird100

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Another idea would be the 11 or so quad albums from Arista Records. This would include Barry Manilow, Melissa Manchester, and others. I believe Arista falls under the Sony Music umbrella. These are artists who deserve to be heard, in quad, with better sound than their abysmally poor CD-4 pressings allowed.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Another idea would be the 11 or so quad albums from Arista Records. This would include Barry Manilow, Melissa Manchester, and others. I believe Arista falls under the Sony Music umbrella. These are artists who deserve to be heard, in quad, with better sound than their abysmally poor CD-4 pressings allowed.
This could also include one of the most difficult albums to decode. "Godspell". Excellent album and would make an awesome addition to any surround library.