Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few cancelled titles, I'm wondering could they ever be resurrected for a release?

CQD-40017 - Joe Walsh/So What

QD-7260 - J. Geils Band – Bloodshot

CP4-0111 - Allman Brothers - Brothers and Sisters

CP4-0116 - Greg Allman - Laid Back

MS4-2204 - Jimi Hendrix - Crash Landing

WS4-1863 - James Taylor - Sweet Baby James

BS4-2729 - Bonnie Raitt - Taking My Time
The ABC titles are controlled by Universal, and we all know about the fire that destroyed many of their master tapes. The WMG titles are a possibility, but only if Warner determines there's a market for them, and whether they intend to resurrect their Quadio program. It could happen, but I'm not holding my breath.

Albums I'd like to see on MCH SACD...

Gord's Gold- Gordon Lightfoot (Supposedly mixed for a 5.1 DVD-A, but never released)

Ommadawn- Mike Oldfield (Original quad mix)

All of Project 3's quad releases

Those Elton John albums not already released on SACD

Those EMI quad albums that were released in the rest of the world, that Capitol never saw fit to release here in SQ, or even Q8.

The entire J.J. Perrey, and Perrey-Kingsley, Vanguard catalog (Just 4 albums, but well worth hearing in real quad.)

Wendy Carlos's "Switched-On Bach", in a true, discrete format, as she intended for it to be heard.

Last edited:
I would love to see a 2-fer with Grand Funk Railroad's "We're An American Band" and "Shinin' On"
Also Maynard Ferguson's "Conquistador" (Q8's go for $100+)
I'm sure I'd also love "Conquistador", as Ferguson's "One More Trip to Birdland" on the Concord Jazz label is one of my favorite surround SACDs.

Would also like to see 'Remember The Future'.

Remember The Future was released on Multichannel SACD back in 2004, featuring the old quad mix ‘manipulated to 5.1’.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/threads/nektar-remember-the-future-sacd.4714/
Would make a great "Quad" Some great musicians on this one:
Devadip Carlos Santana* ‎– The Swing Of Delight

Unfortunately, this title was not released in quad back in the ‘70s.

Last edited:
I would love to see a 2-fer with Grand Funk Railroad's "We're An American Band" and "Shinin' On"
Also Maynard Ferguson's "Conquistador" (Q8's go for $100+)
It's not my favorite Columbia Ferguson recording (that's a tough choice to make), but it's a very interesting recording/Quad Mix. There are additional overdubs by Ferguson that don't appear at all on the Stereo versions. Good eye!

Back