Suggestions for Dutton Vocalion Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we had talked about the release of Mancini's remaining quad titles, I remember that I had a couple of Dolby Surround Mancini CDs. Played them and the results were not bad at all, enjoyed them. I liked the selection of songs. I wonder if the tapes are available to do a make over for these.

Attachments

• Mancini Dolby Surround CDs-BK.jpg
    Mancini Dolby Surround CDs-BK.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Mancini Dolby Surround CDs-FT.jpg
    Mancini Dolby Surround CDs-FT.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 0
Since we had talked about the release of Mancini's remaining quad titles, I remember that I had a couple of Dolby Surround Mancini CDs. Played them and the results were not bad at all, enjoyed them. I liked the selection of songs. I wonder if the tapes are available to do a make over for these.
What about Jose Feliciano and Shaft soundtrack and T.S.O.P MFSB

I sure would like the Bachman-Turner Overdrive quads that remain unreleased by DV.

I would be interested to know why on the back of the two-fer we've gotten, there is a credit to Universal Music of Japan? Did D-V have to pull Japanese tapes for this release? (The first THREE BTO albums were available in CD-4 back in the day). Just makes me wonder what's wrong with the US tapes? One would assume they still exist since "Not Fragile" was made into one of the first DTS CD releases. Does UMG/Mercury/Polygram not have the tapes any longer? Were they digitized into some antique/obsolete format?
Makes me wonder if we'll get any other BTO albums if only 3 were put out in Japan and the US tapes no longer exist.

What about Jose Feliciano and Shaft soundtrack and T.S.O.P MFSB

I'd jump on that!! Lots of Jose to choose from. TSOP/MFSB should be coming, but was held back due to contractual BS if I'm not mistaken. Should be available soon?
ANYTHING from Stax would be amazing. Even the Truck Turner soundtrack which was supposed to become a Q8 2-pack but did not happen. First time in discrete for that one! (Hopefully, the Stax/Enterprise stuff still exists.)

What's the story on the Japanese only, CD-4 Quads? Marvin Gaye? The Stylistics? The Jackson 5? Van McCoy? The Temptations?
Those would be a treat. First time in the USA, first time in Discrete.... one can only imagine that, since the tapes were available for Bachman Turner Overdrive, Shirley they must have held onto the Motown tapes! (also considering that release not long ago of a stereo mixdown of the Quad Jackson 5 Greatest Hits...."
I'd also like to see the Guess Who's finished off.

If at all possible.... and why not? It's worth a shot!
A 4.0 remix of "So Long, Bannatyne"
A 4.0 remix of "Artificial Paradise"
A 4.0 remix of the entirety of the "Live at Paramount" album. This one could become a BIG deal both for DV and for GW fans. Not only has the show NEVER been released in it's entirety with FOUR songs still being omitted from the most recent release; but to my knowledge, it's NEVER been remixed. Also, it's recently been brought to my attention that the Guess Who performed TWO nights at the Paramount and BOTH shows were recorded in their entirety.
I understand these would be a monumental undertaking. But it's worth asking about. It seems (right now) if anybody could make this happen, it would be Mr. Dutton. Nobody else seems to want to make an attempt.

And besides, they had two songs remixed from multitrack to complete (let's be honest now....) a relatively forgotten Paul Revere & The Raiders album.
So.... I dunno.... let's get a petition going. Let's.... get the community wound up and vocal about something like this! Send Mr. Dutton an email ( I have! )

Since we've confirmed "Ladies Love Outlaws" was mixed, we've at least got enough for a Waylon 2-fer.
Also confirmed the existence of Jerry Reed's early "Best Of", so that could be either two 2-fer's or maybe a four-for-two.
But then, they're going to have to knuckle down and get serious about the Paul Simon's, The Edgar Winters, The Johnny Winters..... I mean, we're running out of stuff to release at this point.
There's got to be enough for about four Dolly releases, or how about that newly-discovered Tanya Tucker? I mean, if this stuff is still leaking out there might even be more we're not aware of!
Maybe TWO John Denver's (or more) knowing the existence of Poems/Prayers/Promises and some unreleased/untitled album from January '75 that was going to be John's first CD-4 release....

The Best of Jerry Reed never had a quad mix. RCA did release Q8s of three albums from the mid-'70s: Hot A'Mighty, Lord Mr. Ford and Uptown Poker Club. Lord Mr. Ford also appeared on a quad reel that's worth tracking down. All three albums date from near the end of Reed's peak creative period. After 1975 he primarily focused on his acting career.

The Best of Jerry Reed never had a quad mix. RCA did release Q8s of three albums from the mid-'70s: Hot A'Mighty, Lord Mr. Ford and Uptown Poker Club. Lord Mr. Ford also appeared on a quad reel that's worth tracking down. All three albums date from near the end of Reed's peak creative period. After 1975 he primarily focused on his acting career.
here is the unreleased Quad of "The Best Of Jerry Reed" streaming in Dolby Audio on Apple Music

Whoa! Too bad I don't have have Apple Music or a way to stream multi-channel sources.
there's quite a few previously unreleased CBS and RCA Quads streaming on Apple and/or on Tidal in 360 Reality Audio, including 1975's The Best Of Tanya Tucker, Harry Belafonte's "Play Me" & Elvis "Country" 🙂

Back