Steven Wilson Suggestions for Steven Wilson multi-channel remixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the remaining PT albums without a surround mix, this would be my first choice.
I'm not convinced multi-tracks exist, I remember an old interview to that effect but I may be mistaken(hopefully).
If GH added real drums to UTDS then I must be wrong?

Today, Jan 20th 2019. Here is what I'm feeling...actually, I typed this at 4am.....woke up early...couldn't sleep. Just now sending along.
lmao - big list, not complete though.

Sabbath - every single album from debut through Never Say Die
Kansas - Leftoverture
Bee Gees - Any albums from "Disco" era
Trower - Sighs
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Billy Joel - Glass Houses
Boston - Boston
David Lee Roth - Skyscraper
Dio - Holy Diver
Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Jimmy Buffett - Changes in Latitutes, Changes in Attitudes
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II
Love - Forever Changes
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Robert Palmer - Heavy Nova
Rush - Moving Pictures
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Some great ones in there!
But, Rush's Moving Pictures was already done in 5.1!

I'm not convinced multi-tracks exist, I remember an old interview to that effect but I may be mistaken(hopefully).
If GH added real drums to UTDS then I must be wrong?
Gavin added drums for "Dislocated Day" and "The Moon Touches Your Shoulder" for the '04 expanded rerelease. I assumed that even though he didn't add drums to the title track, the whole album was remixed at that time. I could be wrong, though, and there may indeed be no extant multitracks for the remainder of the album. If that's the case, I'd love to see a Three Piece Suite-style release of the Delerium years material with anything that can be remixed done, alongside the most recent Steven Wilson remasters of the rest of the catalogue. Unlikely, but a remote possibility.

Gavin added drums for "Dislocated Day" and "The Moon Touches Your Shoulder" for the '04 expanded rerelease. I assumed that even though he didn't add drums to the title track, the whole album was remixed at that time. I could be wrong, though, and there may indeed be no extant multitracks for the remainder of the album. If that's the case, I'd love to see a Three Piece Suite-style release of the Delerium years material with anything that can be remixed done, alongside the most recent Steven Wilson remasters of the rest of the catalogue. Unlikely, but a remote possibility.

That's new to me, thanks for the info.
What is better than having the writer/performer mix his own work!
Another interesting titbit is i read somewhere TSMS was recorded at 16/44.1 though again it may be an hallucination.
Im sure he tweeted something like that a few years ago.

Last edited:
I would love to see Steven Wilson to take the Dream Theater back catalogue, from Images&Words up to "Black Clouds and Silver Linings"

Just imagine, Metropolis Pt1 or Learning to Live in 5.1, how amazing it would be to have "A Change of Seasons" in multi channel, listening to "Erotomania ans Scarred" from all angles and the amazing experience of listening MEtropolis Pt full album immersed in the story. One of Dream Theater's bes and most underrated albums "Falling Into Infinity" would be not less than a masterpiece in surround: Lines in the Sand, Trial of Tears and Peruvian Skies with more depth. O hell, the rocking Train of Thought" would be the first metal album to be properly mixed in 5.1 and what about Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, that album has so much things going on, so many details that would open up in surround.... damn it. Im crying just thinking about it. Imagine that intro from "Octavarium" swirling around your ears...

Gavin added drums for "Dislocated Day" and "The Moon Touches Your Shoulder" for the '04 expanded re-release.

Indeed he did. And in the process proved that there are some things which should just be left alone.

Welcome to the forum:hi..I know you joined in September...but now you are posting on the threads(y):rocks
:) Thanks!(y) Easing in....like an old man into a tub.:LOL:
A1B8E648-980E-4203-A757-9BFD69790503.gif

Entire Brian Eno catalog should be done.

That's way too many for any one person, but yea, the "vocal albums" definitely need surround! I'm surprised that, so far, other than his appearance on the first Roxy album that was made surround recently, the only hi-fi so far is not even SACD, but HDCD (the Holland releases of the first four vocal albums). Those are great, but come on, this is ENO!

That's way too many for any one person, but yea, the "vocal albums" definitely need surround! I'm surprised that, so far, other than his appearance on the first Roxy album that was made surround recently, the only hi-fi so far is not even SACD, but HDCD (the Holland releases of the first four vocal albums). Those are great, but come on, this is ENO!
Imagine the Ambients in surround. And then image Another Green World, Before and After Science or Wrong Way Up....
:D:p

The Mars Volta:
Deloused In The Comatorium thru The Bedlam In Goliath

Roxy Music:
For Your Pleasure thru Avalon

Earth, Wind & Fire:
That's The Way Of The World thru Raise!

Weather Report:
Mysterious Traveler thru Heavy Weather

Chick Corea & Return To Forever:
Hymn Of The Seventh Galaxy thru Romantic Warrior

Stevie Wonder: