Steven Wilson Suggestions for Steven Wilson multi-channel remixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there's no chance of some of these happening, but here's the list anyway...

10cc - How Dare You!
Alan Parson Project - Pyramid
Queen - II
Peter Gabriel - 4 'Security'
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam
Prince - anything but I'd really love the 'Love Symbol' album
Moody Blues - Long Distance Voyager
Muse - Absolution
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Michael Jackson - Bad
Madonna - Ray of Light
Asia - Asia
Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold

I'd Love to see albums by Dream Theater get the multi-channel treatment by SW. While there's nothing wrong with the stereo mixes that we already have, I'm sure they would sound even better in 5.1 or Atmos on Blu-Ray (I know that two of their albums, Systematic Chaos & Dream Theater, came out in multi-channel).
Steven has mentioned that he isn’t a DT fan so I’d be surprised to see him being involved in a remix. I get the feeling, with a relative slowdown of SW remix releases that maybe he’s done enough of what he likes already.

Well I'll be damned. I thought that's exactly what prog rock was......excess. haha....ahem.

Yes, it can be excessive in a good way, but at its worst it's what I call (and other people have said this as well) "prog by numbers" where it's more about how fast you can play or how long of a song you can come up with, rather than focusing on just making really great music.

Yes, it can be excessive in a good way, but at its worst it's what I call (and other people have said this as well) "prog by numbers" where it's more about how fast you can play or how long of a song you can come up with, rather than focusing on just making really great music.
If...that is what is going on, then....shame on them. I find Prog a bit challenging. Much of it, I simply get super bored with. Oddly, I don't find this issue with King Crimson. I tend to find it with YES a bit. Big, Big Train, they keep my attention.

Steven has mentioned that he isn’t a DT fan so I’d be surprised to see him being involved in a remix. I get the feeling, with a relative slowdown of SW remix releases that maybe he’s done enough of what he likes already.

I just found out from another person on this forum that SW is not a fan of Dream Theater (despite him appearing on "Repentance" from Systematic Chaos in the songs 'spoken word' segment). Oh well.....

I'd love Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (my favourite Sabbath album) in surround ............ and its got Yes' Rick Wakeman on keyboards!
That would sit nicely on the shelf right next to Tales From Topographic Oceans. :)

I've always loved the hell out of Sabbra Cadabra! I think Rick was having more fun recording with Sabbath than Yes at the time.

1973 was a good year for some out of this world albums!

Still wanting Zappa's "Joe's Garage Acts I, II & III" 😋
Music is the best!

You Are What You Is with all the dense overdubs would be another wild ride in surround!

I bet Steve Wilson would be the one guy who could pull off a Zappa mix that hit with some of Frank's aesthetic. That's what's "off" with all the posthumous live releases. Stuff left in the mixes that would make Frank spin in his grave!

Back