Steven Wilson Suggestions for Steven Wilson multi-channel remixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Here are mine

Aerosmith

Aerosmith
Get Your Wings
Toys In The Attic
Rocks

ELP

Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends
Works 1 & 2

Yes

Yessongs
Going For The One

The Beatles

Entire cataloge

Pink Floyd

Entire cataloge

Rush

Entire cataloge

Led Zeppelin

Entire Cataloge

Lets see everyone elses choices

I'll basically purchase anything that Steven Wilson remixes, but I'm mostly wanting to hear his 5.1 surround mix of "The Seeds of Love" from Tears for Fears.
Beyond that, I just want more XTC and Roxy Music remixes, although I'm certainly not holding my breath for the latter, seeing as how it took practically 5 years for the "Roxy Music" remix to be released

:)

Mine are: Camel Mirage, Yes Drama, Hawkwind Hall of the Mountain Grill and Ambrosia’s 1st album

My fondest wishes are Rush's Moving Pictures and XTC's English Settlement. Unfortunately both appear to be off the table at this time, as SW appears to no longer be involved with Rush and last I read the multitracks are still missing for several XTC albums including that one.

Marillion's Marbles would be really good too, but SW appears to have stopped working with that band as well and the ongoing series of reissues only covers their EMI albums.

I do hope Seeds Of Love comes out someday as well.

I'd be perfectly happy with what the man wants to do himself the most: Kate Bush, Prince, Talk Talk, Peter Gabriel.
Plus if the stuff that's already in the can could be finally unleashed, pretty please. Seeds and Made In Japan.
Where did you hear Steven Wilson did a mix of Deep Purple's Made In Japan? That's news to me. If he did I'll jump on that immediately

I'll basically purchase anything that Steven Wilson remixes, but I'm mostly wanting to hear his 5.1 surround mix of "The Seeds of Love" from Tears for Fears.
Beyond that, I just want more XTC and Roxy Music remixes, although I'm certainly not holding my breath for the latter, seeing as how it took practically 5 years for the "Roxy Music" remix to be released

RT, do you know the hang up on Seeds Of Love, wasn't it done a couple of years ago?

Where did you hear Steven Wilson did a mix of Deep Purple's Made In Japan? That's news to me. If he did I'll jump on that immediately

http://hiresaudiocentral.com/hrac-e...ks-hi-res-to-the-bone-5-1-mixing-aspirations/

From SW himself:
There are a lot of things I’ve done that have gotten shelved. I mean, Deep Purple’s Made in Japan (1973) — I did that years ago, and it never came out. The Seeds of Love (1989) by Tears for Fears I did 18 months ago, and that’s still waiting to come out. I think a lot of these things will come out. As you say, it’s just a matter of timing.

RT, do you know the hang up on Seeds Of Love, wasn't it done a couple of years ago?

A lot of it has to do with the fact that the band have been promising a new studio album for the last few years (which also keeps getting pushed back) so it's one of those things where they don't want to be in competition with themselves by releasing a reissue so quickly on the heels of the new studio album.
Plus I think now that much time has passed, I believe that the record label (and band) have been waiting for 2019, which is the year that marks the 30th anniversary of the original album's release.

Love the way DP's Made in Japan was released two years ago as a BD~A in stereo, neglecting the [I'm certain] fantastic Steve Wilson 5.1 remix. Screw those record companies and artists who screw US.

Someone posted that Tears for Fears "Seeds of Love" has been postponed due to a scheduled new TfF release but I'm still not certain what one has to do with the other....unless of course they're planning another mini box set with bonus RBCDs and booklet akin to Songs from Big Chair.

Last edited:
Love the way DP's Made in Japan was released two years ago as a BD~A in stereo, neglecting the [I'm certain] fantastic Steve Wilson 5.1 remix. Screw those record companies and artists who screw US.

Found an intriguing old thread on that particular release, appears that maybe it was once slated to include 5.1 then dropped for whatever reason. Who knows how many of those HFPA discs were supposed to have surround mixes that were then dropped at the eleventh hour?

Similarly, I've always wondered if any of those single-layer stereo SACDs from Sony (back when they were doing multichannel) were originally planned as 5.1 and then the surround layer was dropped before release. It's a real shame as stuff like Journey's Greatest Hits, Stevie Ray Vaughn's Texas Flood, MJ's Thriller, or Boston's self-titled could've been flagship discs for the format.

Last edited:
Found an intriguing old thread on that particular release, appears that maybe it was once slated to include 5.1 then dropped for whatever reason. Who knows how many of those HFPA discs were supposed to have surround mixes that were then dropped at the eleventh hour?

Universal is saving them for a rainy day.....perhaps for future downloads.......but there were MANY Universal BD~As which had surround masters [Rock/Pop/Classical] and were relegated to Stereo.....and who wouldn't double, triple, quadruple dip if Universal releases the Steve Wilson 5.1 remix of DP's Made in Japan .... which will MOST probably be accompanied by an outrageously expensive box set...replete with an American styled Obi Strip:eek:

Last edited:
A lot of it has to do with the fact that the band have been promising a new studio album for the last few years (which also keeps getting pushed back) so it's one of those things where they don't want to be in competition with themselves by releasing a reissue so quickly on the heels of the new studio album.
Plus I think now that much time has passed, I believe that the record label (and band) have been waiting for 2019, which is the year that marks the 30th anniversary of the original album's release.
I can see it now...

Tears For Fears - Seeds Of Love
Release date: 2019
Mixed by Steven Wilson in 1892 :ROFLMAO:

Back