Steven Wilson Suggestions for Steven Wilson multi-channel remixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You must be Canadian just like me to even know who Klaatu are....LOL....I live in Florida now though😀

Even I know who Klaatu is, MM......and I'm a native New Yorker:

See the source image

You must be Canadian just like me to even know who Klaatu are....LOL....I live in Florida now though😀

Even I know who Klaatu is, MM......and I'm a native New Yorker:

For sure. I know the Klaatu catalog pretty well, and I'm not Canadian either. Hey I even regularly go see the Tragically Hip tribute band, Strictly Hip, ehh? When younger I listened to Rough Trade, Triumph, Cinderella, Max Webster... Ahhh those days

For sure. I know the Klaatu catalog pretty well, and I'm not Canadian either. Hey I even regularly go see the Tragically Hip tribute band, Strictly Hip, ehh? When younger I listened to Rough Trade, Triumph, Cinderella, Max Webster... Ahhh those days
I always thought Max Webster deserved much more fame and popularity then they got but being either under the same management company or record label or both of (RUSH).....they just couldn’t compete.....meanwhile Kim Mitchel had his own band for a while and is now a DJ on Q107 in Toronto

Loved Triumph, know them as acquaintances through the years....Rough Trade had that one hit about DYKE love who was the lead singer Carole Pope? I found them to be quite a joke

Cinderella wasn’t Canadian....they were from Philly but are still a great band as far as hair bands went😀

Last edited:
I always thought Max Webster deserved much more fame and popularity then they got but being either under the same management company or record label or both of (RUSH).....they just couldn’t compete.....meanwhile Kim Mitchel had his own band for a while and is now a DJ on Q107 in Toronto

Loved Triumph, know them as acquaintances through the years....Rough Trade had that one hit about DYKE love who was the lead singer Carole Pope? I found them to be quite a joke

Cinderella wasn’t Canadian....they were from Philly but are still a great band as far as hair bands went😀
Yes Carole Pope...

Cinderella wasn't Canadian eh? I must be confusing them with someone else... Honeymoon Suite maybe? or April Wine... or Platinum Blonde... there were so many. I got a lot of exposure to the Canadian music scene living near Buffalo NY. Toronto is only 90 mins away and we got all the FM stations

I have a few Klaatu albums and I'm English 🌞 ! Klaatu's Hope is still one of my favourite albums and would be wonderful in surround.

Yes Carole Pope...

Cinderella wasn't Canadian eh? I must be confusing them with someone else... Honeymoon Suite maybe? or April Wine... or Platinum Blonde... there were so many. I got a lot of exposure to the Canadian music scene living near Buffalo NY. Toronto is only 90 mins away and we got all the FM stations
Yes you are correct Honeymoon Suite, April Wine & Platinum Blonde are all Canadian eh? LOL.....I was also pretty close friends with Platinum Blonde and their drummer was a drum teacher for a good friend of mine back in the day.....April Wine was an awesome band and I got to see a very special gig of theirs at the El Macombo in either ‘77 or ‘76 opening up for a special live recording of The Rolling Stones “Love You...Live” LP 😀

Speaking of Buffalo spent a lot of time down there going to concerts at Shea, The Aud, and Rich Statium.....have lots of pics from those shows as well as I used to be a freelance photographer as well as staff photographer for the magazine “Hit Parader”

Last edited:
Has Wilson ever expressed any interest in Queen?

With all the attention the band has received lately, some new mixes/boxed sets/reissues of their catalog seems in order. And it seems the band is fine with surround. And Wilson seems a perfect match of them.

I’d love to hear “A Day at the Races”, “News of the World” and “Jazz” in surround at the very least!

Lonely Robot - The Big Dream

I've been mildly pestering John Mitchell on Twitter/Facebook to release the Lonely Robot albums in surround. No response whatsoever thus far. My guess is he would like to but doesn't find it financially feasible. I'm guessing he would do a fine mix of it himself. And SW is just a phone call away, the buddies that they are.

With all the attention the band has received lately, some new mixes/boxed sets/reissues of their catalog seems in order. And it seems the band is fine with surround. And Wilson seems a perfect match of them.

I’d love to hear “A Day at the Races”, “News of the World” and “Jazz” in surround at the very least!
Forget those....Let’s get Queen 1 & 2, and Sheer Heart Attack in multi-channel :QQlove

I've been mildly pestering John Mitchell on Twitter/Facebook to release the Lonely Robot albums in surround. No response whatsoever thus far. My guess is he would like to but doesn't find it financially feasible. I'm guessing he would do a fine mix of it himself. And SW is just a phone call away, the buddies that they are.
Totally agree that John Mitchell would be a good candidate to provide a good surround mix of the Lonely Robot material. For The Big Dream he literally did everything: he wrote, recorded, produced, mixed, and mastered the album. He also played all guitars, keyboards, bass, cello, Irish whistle, Celtic harp, and harmonium. Dude is beyond talented!

News of the World would be astounding.....at the hands of Wilson. OMG! And, while he's at it...if he could fix the anemic fidelity at the same time......whoa. Can you imagine NOTW with some bass? Warmer sounding.....Geez.....

This has been mentioned before, I expect. I'd like to chime in and express a wish for Mr. Wilson to bring any or all of the (official) Talk Talk catalogue into the 21st Century. It's My Life and The Colour Of Spring are my favourite of their LPs, and just imagine what he could do with them... :) He'd enjoy the challenge, too, I reckon, and considering his stellar work on some fine new wave LPs in recent years, it's sure to be right up his street.

Back