• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DVD/DTS Poll Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World [DTS/DD DVD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DVD of Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World

• 10 - Great Surround, Great Fidelity, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 -

• 5 -

• 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

steelydave

Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Post your thoughts, comments, reflections, opinions and other qualitative assessments of Welsh indie powerhouse Super Furry Animals 2001 release, Rings Around the World.

DVD includes all 13 album tracks and 5 bonus tracks all mixed in 5.1 with accompanying music videos, along with 16 (stereo only) remixes.

Note that this disc was issued in three different territories: UK/Europe (PAL, DTS/Dolby Digital), Australia/NZ (PAL, DTS/Dolby Digital) and North America (NTSC, DTS/Dolby Digital)

super-furry-animals-rings-around-the-world-1.jpg
super-furry-animals-rings-around-the-world-2-dv.jpg

Discogs links: UK PAL-DTS/DD - Australia/New Zealand PAL-DTS/DD - North America NTSC-DTS/DD
Wiki page for the album: Rings Around the World (includes information about the DVD release)

Last edited:

Bish

Wow this is a blast from the past, I don't even think I own it anymore. I used to blast it out on my old Videologic Digitheatre, now that was a setup that punched above it's weight.

AshBuchanan

The first surround album i bought. Not one of their best albums, but still plenty of great moments on it. Same goes for the surround mix, LoveKraft is probably their best in terms of surround mixes, and Guerrilla, Radiator and Mwng are their truly great run of albums musically.

steelydave

Staff member
Since 2002/2003
I just happened to check my UK DVD and it does in fact have a half-bitrate (768kbps) DTS track, so I went back and looked at the pictures in the discogs listings for both the UK and North American releases of this and the DTS logo is visible in both, so I think all releases of this disc carry DTS sound. If the fact that I reported this disc as being Dolby Digital only scared you off initially, I hope you'll consider picking this disc up - it's available cheaply on the second-hand market, and it's a really great album and surround mix.

(I'll also update the first post to reflect that all versions are DTS.)