DVD/DTS Poll Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD of Super Furry Animals - Rings Around the World

• 5 -

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 -

• 3 -

• 2 -

• 1 - Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Post your thoughts, comments, reflections, opinions and other qualitative assessments of Welsh indie powerhouse Super Furry Animals 2001 release, Rings Around the World.

DVD includes all 13 album tracks and 5 bonus tracks all mixed in 5.1 with accompanying music videos, along with 16 (stereo only) remixes.

Note that this disc was issued in three different territories: UK/Europe (PAL, DTS/Dolby Digital), Australia/NZ (PAL, DTS/Dolby Digital) and North America (NTSC, DTS/Dolby Digital)

super-furry-animals-rings-around-the-world-1.jpg
super-furry-animals-rings-around-the-world-2-dv.jpg

Discogs links: UK PAL-DTS/DD - Australia/New Zealand PAL-DTS/DD - North America NTSC-DTS/DD
Wiki page for the album: Rings Around the World (includes information about the DVD release)

Last edited:
Wow this is a blast from the past, I don't even think I own it anymore. I used to blast it out on my old Videologic Digitheatre, now that was a setup that punched above it's weight.

The first surround album i bought. Not one of their best albums, but still plenty of great moments on it. Same goes for the surround mix, LoveKraft is probably their best in terms of surround mixes, and Guerrilla, Radiator and Mwng are their truly great run of albums musically.

I just happened to check my UK DVD and it does in fact have a half-bitrate (768kbps) DTS track, so I went back and looked at the pictures in the discogs listings for both the UK and North American releases of this and the DTS logo is visible in both, so I think all releases of this disc carry DTS sound. If the fact that I reported this disc as being Dolby Digital only scared you off initially, I hope you'll consider picking this disc up - it's available cheaply on the second-hand market, and it's a really great album and surround mix.

(I'll also update the first post to reflect that all versions are DTS.)

There's another, earlier poll for this disc--maybe they could be combined?--so I'm a little confused about my proper polling place. Anyway, I'm casting a provisional ballot here. I love this disc! (And this band, a new discovery for me.) Brilliant pop songcraft, and a mind-blowing mix, with a playful, sometimes extravagant approach to surround. (Puts me in mind of the Lips from time to time.) The visuals are entertaining, and so are the admittedly non-obvious menus. Plus, these guys know how to use an LFE channel. I am all in! 10.

Received today. The album and the mix (so discrete and crazy) are great. I find this like a mix of Flaming Lips and Gorillaz (the voice is even very similar to Damon Albarn)

I am happy to have discovered this album thanks to you :SB:SB

After extract the dvd to convert to Flac, I have found two songs not listed in the credits (Gypsy Space Muffin and Edam Anchorman)

Last edited:
Back