Music DVD Poll Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V "Super Furry Animals - Rings Around The World"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Poor Content, Poor Packaging/Graphics

• 1 - Complete waste of plastic

• Total voters
My appreciation of this title has been somewhat interupted by the arrival of the Talking Heads Brick, but this is still one of my favorites. I really like the songs, from the few titles of theirs that I have this one is my favorite album. I guess I would call these well crafted pop songs, with a nice fun, aggressive mix. There is DTS and DD to choose from, I've only listened to the DTS stream and it is typical for DTS - very nice, but would be better in lossless.

Each song has a video that was made by a different group of people. There is also a second 'angle' stream of an oscilloscope. I actually find this nice as one song's video is nuclear explosions and mushroom clouds and another track has some pretty violent images of a guy beating another guy (I think it might be himself - depiction of inner struggle? Not sure, don't like to watch it). But, we're all here for the music anyways... Basically, the video is all over the place, some are very entertaining (Receptacle for the Respecticle' and '[A] Touch Sensitive'), most are just nice fluff and the few I mentioned that I don't care for.

I have the Love Kraft SACD and the Phantom Power DVD as well, this is where I would recommend starting if you aren't familiar with this group. Really, really good, a '10' on the relative scale of non-lossless discs.

I gave this one a 9. I like it a lot, but i think i like Phantom power even better. Quite good surround mix, and good music. Definately worth having.:banana:

Wacky and I love it!

Just like the SACD, this was criminally overlooked (and criminally packaged! Who knew it was a 5.1 SACD?!?).

A "9".

Methinks you have this confused with "Love Kraft." Rings Around The World is DVD-V 5.1 DTS - not SACD. The only SFA SACD is Love Kraft.

Methinks you have this confused with "Love Kraft." Rings Around The World is DVD-V 5.1 DTS - not SACD. The only SFA SACD is Love Kraft.

no confusion, I have the Love Kraft SACD, that's what I was referring to as in "who knew it was a 5.1 SACD?"
it says nothing about it on my copy!

There's a pic of my Love Kraft SACD in the photo album "my collection" in my QQ profile.

I also have the two 5.1 DVDs. Think they're all great!

I can't find a poll on QQ to vote for "Phantom Power", can you?

no confusion, I have the Love Kraft SACD, that's what I was referring to as in "who knew it was a 5.1 SACD?"
it says nothing about it on my copy!

There's a pic of my Love Kraft SACD in the photo album "my collection" in my QQ profile.

I also have the two 5.1 DVDs. Think they're all great!

I can't find a poll on QQ to vote for "Phantom Power", can you?

Well...OK...it's always good to state what your referring to as the likelihood of someone seeing that picture on your profile and making the connection is slim to none - but as a fellow SFA enthusiast, I welcome you as another member of the team. While there is no specific poll for Phantom Power, with a bit of searching you will find several threads where PP is discussed/referenced. Safe to say that if you enjoy the Welsh funsters, Phantom Power is a must in 5.1

Well...OK...it's always good to state what your referring to as the likelihood of someone seeing that picture on your profile and making the connection is slim to none - but as a fellow SFA enthusiast, I welcome you as another member of the team. While there is no specific poll for Phantom Power, with a bit of searching you will find several threads where PP is discussed/referenced. Safe to say that if you enjoy the Welsh funsters, Phantom Power is a must in 5.1

possibly my wonky grammar or punctuation was at fault in the first place!? anyway.. thank you for the warm welcome, I just wish there were more SFA music in 5.1!

if my memory's correct, the Songbook DVD isn't all in 5.1, which was a bit disappointing.. although its been a while since I've given Songbook a spin so could be wrong!?

No Poll to Vote for Phantom Power.. ?

ah, well..! how do we create one..?? :D

possibly my wonky grammar or punctuation was at fault in the first place!? anyway.. thank you for the warm welcome, I just wish there were more SFA music in 5.1!

if my memory's correct, the Songbook DVD isn't all in 5.1, which was a bit disappointing.. although its been a while since I've given Songbook a spin so could be wrong!?

No Poll to Vote for Phantom Power.. ?

ah, well..! how do we create one..?? :D

Only a moderator can create a poll. So you could send a PM to Jon and ask - although you might find a rather small crowd here that has the same shared interest in that particular title. The Songbook DVD has a few bonus tracks in 5.1 albeit in Dolby only - and not very good mixes at that.

Only a moderator can create a poll. So you could send a PM to Jon and ask - although you might find a rather small crowd here that has the same shared interest in that particular title. The Songbook DVD has a few bonus tracks in 5.1 albeit in Dolby only - and not very good mixes at that.

brilliant! thank you! it's got to be worth a shot, I'll PM him now!

I've marked this down purely because of the menus, so hard to navigate (I find it the same with the Phantom Power DVD) not easy to find what you want:mad:@:
There's plenty of content, if you can find it, the music fidelity and surround are good though.

There is also a SFA DVD containing Golden Retriever video in 5.1 as well as two other songs Summer Snow and Blue Fruit not in 5.1.

Last edited:
Back