"Supreme Jazz" Multichannel SACDs - Are They Any Good?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Bruzonsky

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Wondering whether its worthwhile to pick up any of the "Supreme Jazz" multichannel SACDs. featuring music of well known jazz musicians including Charles Mingus, Dave Brubeck, Thelonious Monk, Harry James, Errol Garner, Dizzy Gillespie, Errol Garner, and more. How good are the sonic qualities of the discs. Is the multichannel mixing worthwhile in comparison to the stereo mix?

Wondering whether its worthwhile to pick up any of the "Supreme Jazz" multichannel SACDs. featuring music of well known jazz musicians including Charles Mingus, Dave Brubeck, Thelonious Monk, Harry James, Errol Garner, Dizzy Gillespie, Errol Garner, and more. How good are the sonic qualities of the discs. Is the multichannel mixing worthwhile in comparison to the stereo mix?

That is a good question for someone who might own these. It has been discussed in the past. But I don’t recall these particular titles were something that everyone wanted. At least for surround. You can read reviews from sa-cd .net and Amazon:
https://www.sa-cd.net/alltitles2/428/1https://www.sa-cd.net/showtitle/3763

I mainly recall reading what others have written about them; “Fake Surround” usually from a mono source with light reverb in the rears; that’s why I’ve steered clear of these.
I believe I only purchased one of these long ago (don’t even remember which one-LOL))))

Some folks that have actually heard more of them will hopefully chime in with some experienced reviews for you.

Back