Surround Master V3 has landed (news, discounts etc)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some very "interesting" comments were just posted in the Quad Traders forum on Facebook. A gentleman, named John Ford, totally dissed the SM, claiming it isn't an accurate decoder for either QS, and especially SQ. I'd be curious to see your responses to his allegations.

Ford you say? hmm.. now where have we heard that name regarding matrix Quad before.. 🤔

Some very "interesting" comments were just posted in the Quad Traders forum on Facebook. A gentleman, named John Ford, totally dissed the SM, claiming it isn't an accurate decoder for either QS, and especially SQ. I'd be curious to see your responses to his allegations.
I can only imagine he has mental and male hypogonadism issues :cautious:

Say hi to OxFORD Dickie!

Last edited:

Good. Yet another reason for me to avoid Facebook. I much prefer our friendly QQ mob.

You called him a gentleman?
I don't do facebook either. But some is public for non members. I'll have to look for this Quad Traders thing.

I expect it would mostly be self interest from that individual. Just as well I dropped out of there some time back

Things got interesting on the "old school" group.

giphy.gif

Interesting watching an argument between possibly 2 controversial quadraphonic fanatics.

Not sure who John Ford is - seems like he has a wordpress site where he goes by "The Matrix" - the test is also posted there. Involve Surround Master v2 Test Report

Last edited:
Things got interesting on the "old school" group.

View attachment 78799

Interesting watching an argument between possibly 2 controversial quadraphonic fanatics.

Not sure who John Ford is - seems like he has a wordpress site where he goes by "The Matrix" - the test is also posted there. Involve Surround Master v2 Test Report
His report is seriously flawed. He created his own test signals, rather than using test tones provided by test records that are properly encoded. Doing it as he did, he could skew the results however he wants. Talk about arrogant!

His report is seriously flawed. He created his own test signals, rather than using test tones provided by test records that are properly encoded. Doing it as he did, he could skew the results however he wants. Talk about arrogant!
Seriously does any body actually understand this "test report". Zero documentation of frequencies used, test criterion, equipment. It a total joke.

Seriously does any body actually understand this "test report". Zero documentation of frequencies used, test criterion, equipment. It a total joke.

I suspect they're 1kHz sinewave test tones. Just a hunch....I may have received a set of test tones from someone about 2 years ago after posting a youtube video about a mysterious SQ script that showed up, that I suspect may be the same test tones that were used for this test. I never got around to doing anything with them, as a video about sine waves and separation of sine waves is far less entertaining than videos about decoding and listening to music. Not that I've posted any videos about either topic in the past 2 years though.

Back