Films (Almost Entirely Surround)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The X-Files (1993) BD:
1. I've only watched season 1 in this 9-season set and it's a huge step up from the DVD.
2. DTS-MA 5.1 fidelity is great and the surround mix is surprisingly discreet in parts.
3. The widescreen presentation is proper widescreen. It was originally shot in ~1.8:1 but the first 4 or so seasons broadcast/released on DVD were 4x3.
4. A handful of scenes have a noticeable quality drop. It looks like they were shot on video and I think I read that somewhere too. There are hardly any though so don't let it put you off.
5. The plastic cases have some hinge Achilles heels and a few of mine are broken. Annoying but not a show-stopper.
6. Great stories, good memories, great fun. Region-free too. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016KKXQAO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Coming in April 2020 from Studio Canal [Native UHD 4K]:

91X50yHTg5L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Terminator - Dark Fate Blu-ray - Nice active Atmos mix.

I love atmos but is the movie any good? I first saw Terminator in High School in a class where the coolest teacher in the world was like, eff it, let's watch Terminator today on vhs and discuss the deep conceptual context. fuking awesome is what I said.

I love atmos but is the movie any good? I first saw Terminator in High School in a class where the coolest teacher in the world was like, eff it, let's watch Terminator today on vhs and discuss the deep conceptual context. fuking awesome is what I said.
Cool! I had an English teacher who put on A Nightmare on Elm Street, scored some big points with the kids.

Best Terminator that I've seen in many years. Some funny parts

Best Terminator that I've seen in many years. Some funny parts

So I guess it's true that when the critics hate a movie it must be good....and vice versa.

The reviews of Terminator II: Judgment Day in 3D and UHD 4K were abysmal but on my LG OLED Flatscreen both are amazing. Glad I didn't pay attention to the reviews.

Last edited:
So I guess it's true that when the critics hate a movie it must be good....and vice versa.

The reviews of Terminator II: Judgment Day in 3D and UHD 4K were abysmal but on my LG OLED Flatscreen both are amazing. Glad I didn't pay attention to the reviews.
That's good to hear about T2 on 4K. I've avoided it due to reviews about it still looking soft (the BD looked like it had the DNR cranked up to 11) and also a colour shift from the original blue tint to green. I might have to pick it up now!

That's good to hear about T2 on 4K. I've avoided it due to reviews about it still looking soft (the BD looked like it had the DNR cranked up to 11) and also a colour shift from the original blue tint to green. I might have to pick it up now!

If you have 3D capability. the 3D is awesome and was CHEAP. Another must have 3D is the original Predator film.....Spectacular!

Seven Worlds, One Planet
David Attenborough

* Saw the episode last night with Great Dusky Swifts within the mighty Iguazú Falls; and the visuals were jaw dropping. Looked like a vista from heaven. If you can get this series I'd highly recommend it. Attenborough's filming is the best!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07tcnyf

Back